Do you have a Xiaomi mobile? Discover the 5 MIUI tricks that almost no one knows.
MIUI is, without a doubt, one of the most popular Android customization layers today and the main reason for the success of this software layer is that it has lots of really useful features.
The number of functions that MIUI hides in its bowels is such that it is almost impossible to know them all. This is why we speak today of The 5 MIUI tricks that only the most advanced users know.
Next, we will tell you step by step how you can apply these simple but interesting tricks. These tips will help you Protect your privacyedit your screenshots, listen to video clips with the screen off or save battery, among other utilities.
Activate second space
One of the best and also most unknown functions of MIUI is the Second Space, a utility that allows you to create different profiles in each of which you can have different applications. This is something really useful, especially if you use your personal mobile for work, because it allows you to have a space with all the apps you use to work.
To enable this feature, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Access the app drawer of your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO smartphone
- open app Security
- Scroll down and tap the option second space
- Click on the option Activate second space to create a new profile
Edit your screenshots before sharing them
It is common that you often take screenshots to share them with your friends and family via email clients and, in this sense, MIUI has a very useful function that will allow you blur parts of the image that reveal sensitive information you don’t want to share.
Image blur tool not only allows you to blur an image, but also crop the screenshot or write on it.
To blur your screenshots you just need to perform the following actions:
- Take a screenshot
- Tap on minimized screen which appears at the top right
- Basically select the first button on the right
- Blur parts of the image that you don’t want them to be seen
- Finally click on the button to safeguard
Play music with the screen off
One of the most hidden MIUI tricks and the one I use the most on a daily basis is the one that allows me play audio from any video with the screen off. With this function you can listen to youtube music with screen off without having to pay for the Premium subscription.
To activate this function on your mobile with MIUI You just have to follow these simple steps:
- Access Settings from your terminal
- Enter the section special functions
- Click on the option video toolkit
- Enable this feature by clicking on the switch in the section video tools
- Add YouTube or any other video app in the option Manage video apps
Share your smartphone screen with any Smart TV or computer
Another of the hidden functions of MIUI is a tool that allows you to transmit the screen of your terminal to any smart TV or PC. This feature was already present in previous versions of MIUI, but since MIUI 12 the Chinese giant has updated it with new features.
Thus, the new version of this feature allows you to hide your sensitive data so it won’t show up when you touch it, such as notifications and incoming calls and minimize the screen while you share it, like this, keep using other apps in the meantime.
To use this feature of MIUI You just need to perform a few simple actions:
- Access Settings from your mobile
- Enter the section connect and share
- Click on the option Issue
- Activate this function by clicking on the switch that appears at the top right
- Click on the option Accept accept the terms and conditions of the service
- Allow this function to access the location of your smartphone
- Once done, your mobile will start searching for nearby devices to share the screen with
You must bear in mind that in order to use this function, both mobile and TV or computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
Enable extreme battery saving mode
Finally, the last MIIU trick that only the most expert users know about is the extreme battery saving mode, a feature that will be very useful when you have low battery on your mobile and you have a long day ahead of you, since increases battery life by up to 25%.
What this extreme battery saving mode does is restrict most apps and features that consume power to reduce the performance of the terminal and, thus, that this one rest as long as possible.
This means that after enabling this extreme battery saving mode, you will only be able to use basic functions such as calls or textsbut since the Internet connection will always be active, you will be able to activate certain applications that you must continue to use like WhatsApp or Telegram.
To activate the extreme battery saving mode, you just need to perform the following steps:
- Access Settings from your smartphone
- Enter the section Battery and performance
- Click the switch that is to the right of the option Extreme battery saving and click on Accept
Related Topics: MIUI
Sign up for Disney+ for 8.99 euros and without permanence
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.