What to do if AirPods turn off automatically? AirPods are one of the coolest headphones out there, but not without their flaws. I am sure that each of the users sooner or later faced with the fact that AirPods stop suddenly, turn it off or the sound starts cutting out.
This is the problem that haunts headphones of all generations. Apple takes user complaints in pencil, but nothing changes – the bug is still at the mercy of the owners themselves. By the way, this problem can really be solved independently without the involvement of a service center.
We explain how to manage the permanent shutdown of AirPods.
How to Fix If Airpods Turn Off Automatically?
Why does AirPods Stop Playing?
Indeed, the first case of a problem related to turning off AirPods was noticed in 2016, when the headphones had just gone on sale. Since then, it has become clear that the problem is either related to the version of iOS (then glitches occurred with iOS 10, iOS 11 and even iOS 12). During this time, users complain that they cannot be heard during a phone conversation or that the earphones simply “fall off” at the time.
It was also a bad surprise for many that the AirPods stopped playing music or disconnected from the phone when playing. However, Apple engineers said the problem could be with the sensors inside the AirPods, which determine whether they’re in your ears or not. Sometimes the problem can be related to Bluetooth interference. But what about ordinary users?
What to do if AirPods are not working?
If your AirPods stop playing music, there are a few things you need to check on your iPhone.
- To verify AirPods firmware version. If your AirPods aren’t working, you probably need to update it. To learn why you need to update AirPods and how to do it correctly, read the article. Artem Rakhmatullin, AppleInsider.ru journalist.
- Check the battery level. I have long noticed that when discharging AirPods start to work less well and stop more often. Even at 10%, the headphones start to lag associated with navigation. This can be done in several ways.
- Check the Bluetooth connection. Several devices can be connected to the iPhone at once, and sometimes by mistake the smartphone automatically connects to other accessories, such as a Bluetooth speaker. Disconnect iPhone from other devices and restart Bluetooth.
Go to your AirPods settings and turn off automatic ear detection. This is true if you exercise often or make sudden movements in the headphones. In theory, the function should work without failing, but it often makes an error and stops playing.
- Open Settings and select “Bluetooth”.
- Tap the “i” next to your AirPods.
- Disable automatic ear detection.
Also, pay attention to the number of smart devices in the room: AirPods stop playing when there are multiple gadgets connected to the same network nearby. A large number of AirPods from other users are also interfering.
AirPods Stopped Connecting
They drew attention to the fact that AirPods connect only one earphone, although you took both out and put them in your ears. It doesn’t matter, and such mismatches happen. In most cases, this happens with “aged” headphones that are over a year old. Personally, it happened to me with the first generation of AirPods, the second and Pro after a year of use. Here are some ways to help deal with it.
- Put the AirPods back in the case.
- In the Bluetooth settings, click on the “i” next to the AirPods and select “forget this device”.
- Disable Bluetooth on your phone.
- Hold your AirPods case open and press the button on the back until the light flashes amber, then white.
In addition, the problem is solved by placing both earphones back in the charging case: if Only one AirPod works just pop them back in and take them out again.
Why AirPods are hard to hear?
AirPods can get quieter over time, but that’s not about failing. To try to “crash” the speakers, you need to make great efforts: for example, every day for a year, listen to music for 2-3 hours at full volume. Of course, this is impossible. In most cases, AirPods are less audible because dirt gets in them: to find out how to take care of your headphones, read this article.
Cleaning also fixes other issues, like stopping reading: the sensors will work better when you wipe them down.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.