Best App to Scan Documents on Android: With Clear Scan, you can scan any type of document with your Android mobile, share it in PDF format and save it in your cloud storage service.
A few years ago, to be able to scan a document and send it by email, you needed a scanner or a multifunction printer with an integrated scanner and computer, but for some time now you can carry this task directly from your mobile simply use an app to scan documents and Gmail or another app to manage your email.
In the Google Play Store, you will find a wide variety of free applications to scan documents, but since it is not easy to find one that works well and is easy to use this time we get to talk about Clear Scan, the best application for scanning documents that we tested on Android.
Best App to Scan Documents on Android
After testing a large number of applications for scanning documents, we can say that Clear Scan is the best tool to perform this task, both for its simplicity of use as well as its large number of functions.
When you first open the Clear Scan app, you will see two buttons at the bottom, one with a gallery icon and one with a camera icon and a menu button, identified by an icon of three vertical stripes at the top left of the app.
To scan a document with Clear Scan just follow these simple steps:
- Click the camera icon located at the bottom of the app
- Focus on the document you want to scan and click the circle button that appears at the bottom to take a picture of him
- Adjust the edges of the image and rotate it if necessary
- Click on the validation button located in the lower right corner
- Choose the format you want the image you just captured to have, being able to choose between 4 options: original, photo, doc and clear
- Select if you want the image to be saved in color or black and white by clicking on the button at the top right
- Click the confirmation button again located in the lower right corner
Once done, you will see that the document you just scanned already it appears in the application with a generic name if you click on the menu button located at the top right and then on the option Renameyou can put the name you want to identify it more easily.
From this same screen, you can also share this scanned document, either in pdf format (the default one) or in jpg format. To do this, simply click on the button Share located at the bottom right, select the document format then the application through which you want to share it.
But that’s not all because Clear Scan also allows you automatically save all your scanned documents to the most popular cloud storage services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Box.
To set up Clear Scan with your preferred cloud you just need to perform the following actions:
- Click the menu button located at the top left of the application
- Select option Synchronization with…
- Choose the cloud storage service you want to use and your account in it
- Click on the heading Sync Settings and activate the option Enable automatic synchronization
After performing these steps, each time you scan a document with Clear Scan, it will automatically download to your cloud so that you have all the documents you have scanned in a safe place.
The clear analysis is a totally free app with ads and with a single in-app purchase that allows you to remove advertising with a single payment of 4.09 euros.
You can download Clear Scan App here.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.