Elon Musk had been questioning freedom of expression on Twitter for a few days and alluded to the possible creation of a social network as an alternative to the one founded by Jack Dorsey. Finally, the tycoon decided to buy 9.2% of the company now run by Parag Agrawal worth $2.890 million, and it’s only been a few hours since the news broke that it’s been posted on his personal account. This time asking his followers if they want an edit button on the platform.
In the tweet, Elon Musk launches a clear question: “Do you want an edit button?”accompanied by a poll with two options: “yes” and “on”, which could be translated as “yes” and “no”, but clearly the businessman wrote on purpose to insinuate the need for a button to edit the tweet and so on. fix bugs.
The investigation, at 4 p.m. from the end of the writing of this article, counts more than 2.2 billion votes. 73.7% of respondents want an edit button on Twitter. The remaining 26.3% do not.
A tweet posted by @Erdayastronaut profile in response to the survey originally shared by Elon Musk, suggests that the edit button should be under certain conditions. “That it’s only available for a few minutes, 5-10 minutes. And when an edit is done, there’s a little link that shows the edit. It keeps a public record but allows the tweeter to correct a simple mistake and not to go back.” notify your followers with a new tweet. Musk responded by saying those terms “sound reasonable.”
Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal responds to Elon Musk inquiry
Parag agrawal He also responded to Elon Musk’s inquiry by referencing one of the Tesla and SpaceX CEO’s most prominent tweets in recent weeks. “The consequences of this investigation will be significant. Please vote with caution”said the current CEO of Twitter.
This same sentence was written by the mogul when he asked his followers if they thought the social network adheres to the principles of freedom of expression. Just a week after this tweet was published, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission announced the purchase of 9.2% of Twitter shares by Elon Musk.
It’s unclear if Elon Musk is joking about the possibility of including an edit button on the social network, and if Parag Agrawal posted this answer, also as a joke. However, the possibility of modifying the text of tweets once they have been published is a function much requested by users of the platform, and which for the moment the company has not included.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.