How to Fix Apple Watch Notifications? After watchOS 8.5.1 updates many Apple Watch users have encountered the fact that the main screen with the watch face notification center not open swipe up and down and drag the control up and down.
How to Fix Apple Watch Notifications?
In fact, this problem occurred long before watchOS 8 but was not so massive before. A similar error can occur on watches of any series, so no model has yet been identified.
Apple is working on identifying and fixing this bug. While waiting for Cupertino to fix this problem, we offer several working methods to restore access to the notification center and checkpoint.
Change Watch Face on Apple Watch
In a situation where some sort of failure or problem occurs with your device, you should start fixing the problem in the easiest way. In the case of the Apple Watch, the easiest way is to change the dial. Also, to make the method more likely to work, it’s best to do it from your iPhone.
Absolutely create in the Watch app new dial and install it on your watch screen. Some users have found that this can, in some cases, restore the Action Center and Control Center to working order.
Restart your Apple Watch
The second easiest way to solve the problem is to restart Apple Watch. Please note that you cannot restart the watch while it is charging. To reset the clock, you must:
Long press the side button until three sliders appear on the screen:
- “Disabled”, “Medical record” and “Emergency call”.
- Move the “Disabled” slider from left to right.
- Once your Apple Watch is off, press and hold the side button again until the apple appears onscreen.
In most cases, restarting resolves all issues with accessing non-opening items. If restarting didn’t give the desired result either, you can run a hard reset. For this you will need:
- Hold down the side button and the digital crown.
- Release both buttons as soon as the Apple logo appears on the screen.
The probability that after this everything will work out is maximum. The main thing – is not to try to do a hard reset at the time of the OS update.
Unpair Apple Watch
If after the above steps the problem is still not solved, the last most difficult method remains, which is guaranteed to open you access to the notification center and checkpoint. You need to unpair your iPhone and Apple Watch. For that, proceed as follows:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- On the My Watch tab, open All Watches.
- Tap the “i” button next to the watch you are about to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Confirm break. You may need to enter your AppleID password at this point to disable the Activation Lock.
Before deleting all your Apple Watch data and settings The iPhone will prompt you to create a new watch backup. It can be used to repair. But, if there was no valuable data on the watch, it is better to set it up as new. To create a pair with a watch you need:
- If the watch is not on, turn it on by pressing and holding the side button.
- Wait for the “Use iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” message on your iPhone, or open the Watch app, go to All Watches, and click the “Pair with New Watch” button.
- Follow the instructions on your Apple Watch and iPhone screens.
This method guarantees you access to notifications and the control center. But it should only be used as a last resort. After all, as you may have noticed, it’s the longest of any previously offered.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.