What you need to know
- On iOS: tap I > three-dot menu icon > dark mode. To keep it on all the time, touch the dark circle check box.
- The dark mode is not yet available on Android.
We have covered this in this article. How do you Get Dark Mode on Tiktok on Andoird and iPhone 13 and higher?
How do you Get Dark Mode on Tiktok on iPhone and Android?
Dark mode, which inverts light and dark colors, so the background appears darker while the text appears lighter, is only available for the version from iOS of the application TikTok. The feature is expected to roll out in TikTok for Android, but it is unclear when.
- Click on me on the menu bottom to go to your profile page.
- Tap the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner.
- In the Content Y exercise, tap Dark mode.
- Tap the Dark Circle box if you want the dark mode always to be on.
- Alternatively, if you want TikTok to switch between dark and light mode based on your device settings, tap the Use device settings button to turn it on.
- Using your device’s settings means you don’t have to manually switch between light and dark mode, making it the most convenient option. Learn how to configure the appearance settings of your iOS device so that light and dark modes automatically alternate on your device based on the time of day.
- The setting of the appearance autosave, no need to hit a save button, so you can tap the arrow icon in the top left corner to go back to using TikTok as you normally would.
- You can change the appearance settings in TikTok for iOS anytime you want and as often as you want.
Why use dark mode on TikTok?
The dark mode is easier on the eyes in low-light conditions, such as at night, reduces eye strain, and is ideal for when you’re not planning to read long paragraphs of text.
When you turn on dark mode in TikTok, you won’t see any changes to the Home or Publishing tabs. Instead, you’ll notice the change in appearance in tabs like Discover, Inbox, and Me.
If you use TikTok almost exclusively to watch videos within your Home feed or post your content, you may not notice much difference when turning on dark mode. However, if you like to find new content in the Discover tab, send messages to other users, and access your profile, turning on dark mode can benefit you.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.