How to activate dark mode on WhatsApp: What you need to know
- The dark mode is available on mobile, desktop, and WhatsAppWeb.
- Choose between Light modes, Dark, and System default.
- In the iPhone turn on auto dark mode after sunset or any other time.
This article explains how to enable dark mode on WhatsApp on all supported platforms. WhatsApp dark mode helps you reduce eye strain in low light. A darker screen can also dim the glare of white light when you’re in a dark room and make it easier on the eyes of everyone.
How to Activate Dark Mode on WhatsApp iOS?
WhatsApp supports system-wide dark themes on iPhones. The dark mode feature is available on iOS 13 Y superior. Please update your phone if the phone is running a lower version. As a continuation, enable the dark theme from Settings or Control Center.
Enable dark theme from Settings
Choose the dark theme from the Settings screen or set it to appear at a specific time of day or night.
- open Settings > Display and brightness.
- Press the option Dark under Appearance to enable dark mode system-wide.
- The Automatic setting can activate dark mode at a specific time. Select from dusk to dawn or set a custom schedule.
Enable dark theme from Control Center
Including dark mode among the Control Center options can help you turn it on and off in a snap.
- open Settings > Control Center > More controls.
- Tap the green plus sign icon for the dark mode to move it under the list of CONTROLS INCLUDED.
- Open Control Center with a swipe from the top or bottom of the screen depending on your iPhone model.
– On the iPhone X and newer, swipe down from the top right of the screen.
– On the iPhone 8 and older, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Press the dark mode icon to darken your iPhone or press it again to return to the default light theme.
Change the wallpaper for a darker WhatsApp
After activating the dark mode, You can also change the chat wallpaper on WhatsApp to improve the dark mode within each chat. Turn on dark mode from Settings or the Hub control and start WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp. Select Settings > Chats > Chat wallpaper
- Select Choose wallpaper in dark mode or move the slider to the right. right Y adjust the brightness of the background current screen.
How to Activate Dark Mode on WhatsApp Android?
Open WhatsApp and tap on the three vertical dots in the top right corner to display the action overflow menu.
- Press Settings > Chats > Theme
- Choose the dark mode among the three options that appear in Choose theme.
If you have a phone running Android 10 or higher, you can also set up dark mode system-wide.
How to Activate Dark Mode on WhatsApp Desktop and WhatsApp Web?
open Web. Whatsapp.Com or launch your WhatsApp desktop app. The steps to apply dark mode are the same on both the desktop and browser versions of WhatsApp.
Tap on the three dots above your contacts on the left.
From the dropdown, select Settings > Theme.
Select Dark to activate the dark mode.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.