Wondering How to block someone on Snapchat? ? If you want to cut off all contact with a Snapchat user in particular so that he can’t send you any snaps, view your stories or even find any trace of your account, then this article will tell you the exact steps you need to take continue to block it.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat?
You can block someone on Snapchat in five simple steps. All the steps are the same whether you use Snapchat for iOS or for Android.
- Open the Snapchat app, and find the user you want to block by navigating to your Snapchat tab. conversations (marked by the speech bubble icon at the bottom) or tap the search function at the top (marked by the magnifying glass icon at the top) to start typing your Name in a search.
- Touch the user to open a chat with him.
- Play the menu icon in the upper left corner of the chat tab.
- Tap the option To block from the list of menu options that appear.
- Confirm that you want to block the user by touching the lock button in the confirmation box.
What happens when you block someone on Snapchat?
When you block a user on Snapchat, you prevent that user from being able to locate or find you. For them, your activity on Snapchat and your own account will cease to exist.
A locked user cannot do any of the following:
- Send you photos or videos
- Start a chat with you
- see your stories
- Find your account if they search for you
If you block someone on Snapchat, will they know?
Snapchat will not send a notification to any user you choose to block, however, that user might suspect on their own that they have been blocked, simply by noticing that your activity and account have disappeared.
The only way a user can confirm that you have blocked them is by using another account. Snapchat is not blocked to search and find your account.
Alternatives to Blocking Users on Snapchat
Blocking is the most extreme method of limiting contact with another user, but there are lesser methods as well. restrictions that you can use.
Use the “Do Not Disturb” feature
This is the least restrictive method than blocking, which simply silences all notifications from friends or groups. When you activate the option “Do not disturb” for any friend, they can still send you snaps and chats, but you won’t be bothered by a notification every time they do.
This is a great alternative to the deactivation of app notifications when you want to remain friends with users and keep notifications on only for certain friends and groups.
You can find the Do Not Disturb option by tapping on a friend to open a chat, tapping the menu icon, and tapping Do Not Disturb on the menu list.
Remove a user from your friend’s list
Removing a user simply removes them as a friend, so you’re no longer connected to the. The user will still be able to see your account and stories public that you publish, and can even send you photos and chat, depending on your settings privacy.
Removing a user is ideal if you want to contact and share private stories with friends while remaining open to sharing public content with non-friends.
To remove a user from your friends, tap on a friend to open a chat. Then touch the icon menu and touch remove friends from the menu list.
Change your privacy settings so that only your friends can contact you
If someone who isn’t your friend sends you snaps, tries to chat with you, or sees your stories that you don’t want them to see, you can change your privacy settings so they can no longer contact you. This alternative actually goes hand in hand with removing users from your friend list.
Snapchat allows you to choose if you want everyone (friends and non-friends) or only friends to be able to contact you and see your stories.
- To change these settings, tap your profile icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Touch the icon of gear to access your settings and scroll to the Who Can section. .
- Touch Contact and select my friends so that only your friends can send you snaps or chats.
- Then go back, tap View My Story and select My Friends or, alternatively, touch Custom to create a filter custom privacy so certain friends can’t see your stories.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.