This article explains How to Block YouTube Channel on desktop and mobile. Blocking a YouTube channel will remove their videos from your feed and will also prevent that account from commenting on your uploads and sending you communications.
- Go to a channel’s “About” page, click the flag icon, click “Block User,” and then click “Submit.”
- By blocking an account Youtubeit will not be able to comment on your videos.
- Videos from blocked accounts will also no longer appear in your YouTube Home feed.
How to Block YouTube Channel on Desktop?
The option of blocking has changed a lot on the site YouTube website over the years, so it’s understandable that you can’t find it. Here’s how to find the YouTube lock button and put it to good use.
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to the page of the YouTube channel What do you want to block?
Make sure you’re on the right channel, as you don’t want to accidentally block the wrong account.
- click on About from.
- Click on the icon of the flag under the channel statistics.
- click on To block Username.
- click on Send.
How to Block YouTube Channel on Mobile?
Can you block YouTube channels on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets?
- Open the official YouTube app on your smartphone or tablet iPhone or Android and go to the YouTube accountand the one you have your eyes on.
This can be done quickly by tapping on an account’s circled profile picture near one of their videos.
- Playing Ellipse (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner.
- touch To block Username.
- A confirmation message will appear. touch To block.
How to block videos on YouTube?
If you are tired of watching the videos of the same account suggested in your feed while you navigate for Youtubeyou can perform various effective actions by touching the ellipsis next to its title on both the mobile as on the web.
A menu will appear with a series of options. These are the three you can consider to block this video, and others like it, from your experience on Youtube.
- I’m not interested. This option will tell YouTube to stop recommending this video and others like it. If you choose this option on a video about tomatoes, for example, YouTube will show you fewer videos about tomatoes regardless of the channel they belong to.
- Do not recommend channel. If you select this option, YouTube will stop showing you videos of any topic from this particular YouTube channel. This can be useful if you like to get news on a certain topic from multiple sources and only want to see exclusive shots from a specific account.
- Report. If you find a YouTube video to be offensive, dangerous, or misleading, you can choose this option to let YouTube know, which will prevent that video from being shown to you and also allow YouTube to investigate and remove it from the platform entirely.
In addition to the three options above, you can also try the following to block videos from your YouTube experience.
- Try YouTube Kids. YouTube Kids is a completely free app designed for young viewers. Automatically filters mature content and recommends media designed for children to watch without parental supervision. It may still be worth checking your YouTube viewing history just in case some questionable clips slip through the algorithm.
- Stay in your subscription feed. Your subscription feed will only show you videos from your subscribed accounts. YouTube may often try to trick you into using the home feed, but be careful, as the home feed is not your subscription feed.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.