What do you need to know before change email address on Facebook?
- In the web: Press the arrow to bottom > Settings & privacy > Settings > Edit > Enter New email.
- In the app: go to Menu > Settings and privacy > Settings > Personal information > Contact information > Add address > Enter new email address.
- Please confirm by email if it is updated on the website. Confirm by text if it is updated in the app.
This article explains how to change your primary email address on the Facebook website and mobile app and remove an email address from your Facebook account.
How to change email address on Facebook?
You can change the email addresses associated with your account. Facebook from any computer, be it a Mac, Windows, or Linux computer, using your favorite web browser.
To change your primary email address on the Facebook website:
- Sign in to your Facebook account and select the down arrow in the top right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown menu.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select Edit next to Contact.
- In the Contact section, select Add another email or mobile number.
- Type your new email address in the Enter new email box and select Add.
- Select Close in the popup box.
- Once you’ve finished adding a new email address, Facebook will send a confirmation message. Click the link in the email to confirm that you want to add that email address email to your Facebook account.
- As soon as you confirm your new Email address, you will be redirected to the Facebook contacts section, where you will see that your new email address electronic is now your primary Facebook email address.
- To remove the old email address (or any other email address), select Edit next to the Contact tab and Remove under the address you want to remove:
How to Change Primary Email Address on Facebook App?
To change your Facebook email address on the mobile app:
- Open the Facebook app on your Android device or iOS.
- Select the three-line menu icon.
- Press Settings ypPrivacy > Settings.
- Tap Personal info > Contact info > Add email address.
- Write your address email in the Add an additional email address > Add email box.
- Select Confirm. You will receive a text with the confirmation code.
- Press the field Enter confirmation code.
- Most mobile devices will now display the confirmation code in quotes without you having to open the confirmation text. Tap the displayed code to fill in the Enter Confirmation Code box automatically. Or manually enter the code.
- Click Confirm.
- If you want to make the new email address your primary Facebook email address, select the new email address under Manage Contact Information.
- Tap Make Primary.
If your account has been hacked, you should also change your Facebook password.