Snapchat does not allow users to change their usernames or transfer account data between usernames. This article teaches youHow to Change Snapchat Username, or by creating a new account and saving your friends’ usernames to add them to your new account.
- Option 1: Change your display name. Tap your profile picture > Settings > Name > enter a new name.
- Option 2: Create a brand new Snapchat account with a new name.
- Before creating a new account, write down or make a screenshot of your friends’ usernames to add them to your new account.
Change your Snapchat username
First, there is a clever way to substitute your name from Username by a custom username. Your username remains the same, but it is barely visible to your friends.
This is how you do it.
- Opens Snapchat and select the icon of your profile/ Bitmoji in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the icon of gear in the upper right corner to go to your Settings.
- Select Name.
- Enter a newvo display name in the Name box.
- touch Save.
The name you save in the field Name appears in your friends’ chats and stories instead of your username Username.
The only time a friend can see your username is if they see your profile during a chat (which shows your snapcodenameB, username, score snap and chat emojis), or if you select your display name when look for friends
Create a new Snapchat account and username
Another way to change your Snapchat username is to create an account. brand new. If you choose this option, you will manually add your friends to your new account. Here’s how to save the Names from snapchat from your friends and then create a new account.
If you create a new account Snapchatyou will lose the data of your old account, including your snapcode currentyour score of snap, your snap streaks, your best friends, your conversations and the trophies you have won.
- Select the chat and choose the icon new chat in the upper right corner.
- Scroll to Everyone to see your friends in alphabetical order. write each name or take a screenshot of the list. Select the X in the upper right corner to cancel the New Chat.
- Find the first friend on your list by typing their name in the search field at the top of the screen.
- Enter the username that appears under your Display name. repeat the number 4 to find the usernames of all your friends.
- Select the X in the search bar to exit the search. Select your profile icon/Bitmoji and then choose the gear icon in the upper right corner to access Settings.
- Select Sign out at the bottom of the list of Setting and confirm that you want to close your account.
- Choose sign up to create a new account with your new username.
- Once you’ve completed the setup process for your new account, select the magnifying glass icon to search for your friends’ usernames. Select Add to add them.
Alternativelyif your friends are in your device’s contact list, sync your contacts with your account to add them in bulk and speed up the process.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.