what you need to know
- You can change your personal background to a night mode via Settings > Accessibility, display and languages.
- You can change your profile header image to a different background via Profile > Header Image.
- Settings can be changed through the site desktop or mobile web.
This article explains how to change your personal Twitter background, as well as how to change the background image of your Twitter profile.
How to change your personal Twitter background
If you are an avid user of Twitter and the white background looks stunning on you, it is possible to change to a darker background that lends itself well to night use. Next we explain how to switch to a black Twitter background whenever it’s convenient for you.
These steps apply to the desktop version of Twitter, but are very similar on the mobile website.
- Go to https://twitter. Com/
You may need to sign in to your Twitter account.
- Click on Plus.
- Click on Setting and privacy.
- Click on Accessibility, display and languages.
- Click on Screen.
- Click on Attenuate o Turn off lights.:
Off is darker than Dim, so both options are useful depending on your needs.
- The background has now been changed in that browser:
You must make these changes in each web browser you use for them to take effect.
How to change the background image of your Twitter profile
Another Twitter background that you can change is the background image of your Twitter profile. If you’ve discovered cute Twitter backgrounds that you want to use to express your personality, here’s how to change the background image in a few easy steps.
These steps apply to the desktop version of Twitter, but the mobile site is very similar.
- go to https://twitter. Com/
- click on Profile.
- click on Edit profile.
- Click on the photo icon in the header of your profile.
- Look for the image you want to load.
- Click on Open.
- Use the controls to adjust which part of the image you want to show.
- Click Apply when you have finished adjusting the image.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Reasons to change the Twitter background
Wondering why you would want to change your Twitter background? Here’s a brief look at the most common reasons people do it.
- To relieve eyestrain. When it comes to seeing anything in the dark, it is much better and more suitable for your eyes if you use a dark background to navigate. Switching to night mode is recommended if you are an avid Twitter user at night.
- To add personality to your account. If you want to highlight some of your personality on your profile, changing your header image to something more “you” is a good way to tell it all.
- To add brand. If you use Twitter in a professional context, you can create a header image that demonstrates the skills you offer, what your business provides, or simply lists different contact details for others to check.
- To add a seasonal flower. Do you like changing your Twitter handle to something seasonal for the holidays or Halloween? you can change your background to match that theme with the ability to change it as many times as you like throughout the year.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.