what you need to know
- In Settings > Chats is where you will find the background options screen both in iOS as in Android.
- The choice of wallpaper applies to all your chat.
- You can use any photo as background.
In this article we teach you how to change whatsapp background tBoth on iOS and Android smartphones, in addition to explaining everything you need to know about the available funds and how to change them.
How to change WhatsApp background on iOS
If you want to change your WhatsApp wallpaper, it’s pretty easy to change the message background to (almost) anything you want. Here we explain how to change the WhatsApp background on iOS-based phones.
This guide applies to all iPhone’s that can run WhatsApp.
- open WhatsApp and tap Settings.
- Press Chat.
- Tap Chat wallpaper.
- Tap Wallpaper Library, Solid colors or Photos, according to your choice.
Wallpaper Library gives you a selection of predefined options to change your background, while Solid Colors is self-explanatory, and Photos lets you choose a background from your photo album.
- Press your background choice of screen.
- Press Set up.
You can choose to browse other options by swiping left or right between the available options.
- The background has been changed.
Tap Reset wallpaper to reset it to the default message background.
How to change WhatsApp background on Android
If you want to change the message wallpaper on Android, the process is very similar but requires looking in a slightly different place. Here we explain how to change the WhatsApp background on Android phones.
This process applies to all smartphones Android that can run WhatsApp.
- Opens WhatsApp.
- Press the icon of three lines More.
- Press Settings.
- Press Chat.
- Press Wallpaper.
- Choose from your album/gallery from photos, solid colors, or the wallpaper library.
You may need to download the WhatsApp wallpaper library before using it.
- press the option chosen.
- Press Pin up.
- the wallpaper of WhatsApp has been changed in all chat windows.
What else do I need to know about WhatsApp wallpapers?
There are some key points to keep in mind while changing WhatsApp background. Here’s a quick rundown of what there is to know and what’s possible when it comes to all things WhatsApp backgrounds.
- The background change applies to all chats. Individual chat windows cannot be changed to different backgrounds. Choosing a background applies to all chats.
- It is possible to use any photo as a background. Choosing a photo from your album or gallery is a great way to add a personal touch to your chats, plus you can find backgrounds online to switch things up if you want.
- You can’t apply filters. WhatsApp does not offer photo filtering or editing options, except for the possibility of enlarging the chosen background.
- Solid colors are a useful aid to accessibility. If you need your chat windows to be more clear, choosing a solid color is a good way to ensure that the text is more noticeable on the screen.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.