How to Create a Media Library in VLC Player? What do you want to know
- Configure VLC: Go to Preferences > Show All > Reading List. Check the Use media library box, then select Save.
- Transfer music to build your library: Select Media Library > Add Folder. Navigate to your music folder and select Select Folder.
- Or, add music piece by piece: Click and drag the desired folders or files from their original location to the VLC playlist.
This article explains how configure your media library in VLC Media Player so you can play your song collection.
How to Configure VLC Media Player?
It’s a good idea to configure VLC to automatically save and reload your media library each time the program starts.
- Select the Tools menu tab and select Preferences. On a Mac, select VLC from the menu bar, then Preferences.
- Switch to advanced menu select View all in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select the list of the reproduction in the sidebar on the left.
- Check the box for Check next to Use Media Library, then Save.
How to Create a Media Library in VLC Player?
Now that you have configured VLC Media Player it’s time to add some music.
Make sure the media library is visible. If you haven’t already, select Window from the menu bar, then Reading List. Alternately, press CTRL+L on a PC or Command+Option+P on a Mac.
- Choose media library in the left sidebar of the main playlist view.
- Chances are you have all your music in one main folder on your computer or external hard drive. If so, and you want to add everything at once, right-click anywhere in the main part of the screen and select Add Folder.
You can also access your music folder using an explorer window. Windows (PC) or Finder (Mac), then click and drag the desired folders or files into the VLC playlist.
- Navigate to the location of your music folder, highlight it with the left mouse button and select Select the folder.
If you want to add multiple files or folders, just repeat these steps until all media has been added to the VLC playlist.
Before you start, make sure you have the latest version of VLC installed on your computer. The program automatically checks for updates every two weeks, so if you already have the program, it’s probably up to date. You can run the update checker at any moment by selecting Help > Check for Updates.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.