Keeping your Gmail inbox in order has become essential lately. For this there are multiple tools that promise magical solutions thanks to artificial intelligence. However, there is also a tool which, although more classic, proved useful for decades to keep documents in order: folders.
If you want to keep your inbox under control, one of the best ways to do this is to use folders from Gmail. How can you create one? Well, it’s quite simple, and today we’re here to show you how to do it in just a few steps.
Before you begin, keep in mind that these are not folders as you know them. In reality, Gmail uses a label system, although they have the same behavior as folders. All those emails with the same label are in the same place. It is a very good way to keep in order everything you receive on a daily basis.
How to create folders in Gmail from the browser
This is the first method we will see today. From the web version of Gmail you can create your ‘folders’ using the tags we talked about earlier. Before you begin, make sure you’re signed in to Gmail on your computer.
- Enter the the Web from Gmail.
- Now look for the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Press on See all parameters.
- Now go to the tab Keywords located in the options bar.
- Swipe the screen down and look for the option Create a new tag.
- Here you can write the name of the new tag. If you want it to be linked to a specific Gmail folder, check the box Label nest inside and select the one you prefer from the list. This way, what we just created will remain as some sort of subfolder.
- Ready. You have already created your new label.
If you want to add your emails to this newly created label, just go to the chosen email. Right here, just select To move to then tap the name of your beacon.
How to create folders from the app
If you’re using Android or iOS, chances are Gmail is your email service of choice. The app also has a feature for creating and assigning tagsso just follow the steps to achieve it.
- Access the Gmail app on your mobile.
- Tap the three horizontal bars located in the upper left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Scroll down until you see the option Create a new document.
- Type the name of your new tag.
- Ready. Your new Gmail “folder” is now created.
For assign your emails to this Gmail label from mobile, you just need to select the emails. To do this, tap directly on the sender icon (it can be a colored letter or an image). Once you have everything selected, do faucet in the three dots that appear in the upper right corner, and choose Move.
In this new menu you just have to select the name of the labels —or folders— that you have created. Once you touch it, emails will automatically move there.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.