The “Contacts” application on iPhone is very well thought out: there is alphabetical navigation, each subscriber can be assigned their own avatar, as well as enter the necessary metadata. Unfortunately, sometimes you need to delete the numbers of some subscribers, but here the user faces two problems: either it is not very convenient to do this, or the application does not allow it at all – the contacts are not just not deleted. It’s really not worth losing heart – there are several ways at once delete contact from iphone. Let’s talk why Numbers will not be deleted from iPhone and how it can be done.
Подписывайтесь на наш Яндекс.Дзен, чтобы не пропустить важных новостей об Apple!
Why Contacts Not Deleted from iPhone
If you are faced with the Contacts will not be deleted from iPhone, there are several reasons why this happens. In most cases, this is because syncing isn’t working properly with your email account that you’ve set up access with. For example, you cannot delete contacts due to password change. Try deleting it and adding it again.
- Go to settings.
- Select “Contacts”.
- Click on your Gmail account (it may be different).
- Disable the slider next to “Contacts” and then re-enable it.
- Try deleting a contact from the iPhone: if that doesn’t work, then directly from the same item, try deleting it completely by clicking “Delete account”.
also the reason why the number is not deleted from the iPhone, perhaps the data download schedule. In Contacts settings, go to “Accounts” and click on “Download data”: at the very bottom of the screen, select the synchronization schedule, for example, automatically or every 30 minutes.
В автоматическом режиме iPhone загружает новые данные в фоновом режиме только во время зарядки и при подключении к Wi-Fi.
How to add an account on iPhone
You can add an email service account from different providers, even if contact synchronization is already enabled, for example with iCloud.
- Go to settings.
- Select “Contacts”.
- Click on “Accounts” and select the one you need from the list.
- This way, you can add multiple accounts at once, which may contain calendars, contacts, or notes, and the deletion problem should go away.
Apple сильно отстает от конкурентов. Все дело в складном Айфоне
Delete contacts through iTunes
If you still can’t delete a contact from the address book, try doing it through a PC connection. For this you need install itunes on computer and follow the instructions.
- Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes.
- Click on the “iPhone” icon.
- Select the Details tab on the left.
- Check the box next to “Sync contacts with…” and select any option from the drop-down menu. At the same time, make sure that the “All contacts” item is activated.
- Scroll down the page to “Add-ons” and activate the “Contacts” item.
- Launch the synchronization and click “Apply”.
Thus, iTunes will replace the contents of the phonebook with what is stored on the PC. If your PC does not have a file with this format, then your directory will be completely deleted.
How to Delete Contacts from iCloud
Yes Unable to delete contacts from iPhone, try to do it via iCloud on PC. For the method to work, you need to enter your iPhone’s Apple ID details in the browser.
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID details.
- Select the “Contacts” tab.
- Open the subscriber card and click “Edit” in the upper left corner.
- Next, scroll to the bottom of the map, select “Delete” and confirm deletion.
Ready! The Apple ID is now synchronized with the smartphone and the contact will be deleted from the iPhone memory.
Общаемся в нашем Telegram-чате! Подписывайтесь!
Delete All Numbers from iPhone
you can also delete all phone book data at once in two ways, if it is necessary to erase the device quickly or if you cannot delete the numbers from the iPhone memory.
- Go to Settings and select your Apple ID at the top.
- Click iCloud.
- Disable the slider next to Contacts.
- Confirm deletion by clicking Remove from iPhone.
If you want erase all iPhones with settings and content, just use hard reset iPhone.
- Go to Settings, select “General”.
- At the very bottom, click Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Click “Reset” and follow the instructions.
In this way, your iPhone will be cleaned and the contacts will be deleted.
Have you met the Contacts not deleted from iPhone? What method did you use?