How to Delete a YouTube Account? what you need to know
- The accounts of Youtube can be permanently removed via a Web navigator or from the application mobile.
- Deleting a YouTube account removes the videos, but not necessarily the comments you’ve left on the web with that account.
- Delete the entire account Google is the only way to completely remove all traces of your activities on Youtube.
In this article, you’ll learn how to permanently delete a YouTube account from both the web and the app, as well as how to delete one. bill from Associated Google.
How to Delete a YouTube Account Using a Browser?
It’s easy to delete your YouTube account and make all that content go away while keeping your YouTube account. Google. For removing permanently your YouTube account (including all your videos and other data) from youtube.com on the web:
- Access your account YouTube at YouTube.Com in a browser and select your user account icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose Setting in the dropdown menu.
- Choose Watch or change your account settings to Google in the Google accounts section.
- Choose Manage your data and personalization in the Privacy and personalization section.
- scroll to the section Download, remove or make a plan for your data and select Delete a service or your account.
- Select Delete a service in the section Delete a Google service.
- optionally select Download data if you want to save your data from Youtube before permanently deleting your account. You can check or uncheck the list of services of Google you currently have to download data. You can also select the file type and delivery method.
- Select the icon from the trash can that appears next to Youtube. You may be prompted to sign in to your account to verify it again.
- Choose I want permanently delete my content to remove your account from Youtube and all it’s content.
- To go ahead with the elimination check the box to confirm with Google that you understand what is being removed, and then select Delete my content.
If you’re not sure if you’re ready to delete, select I want to hide my channel instead to make your YouTube activity and content private.
once you do click in Remove my content, the action cannot be undone.
How to Delete a YouTube Account in the App?
You can also delete your YouTube content and data using the YouTube app.
- Open the YouTube app and tap on your user account icon at the top right of the screen.
- touch Manage your Google account.
- touch preferences from the account.
- touch Remove services of Google. You will be asked to log in to your account to verify that it is you.
- Select the icon from the trash can next to YouTube. Again, you may be prompted to sign in to your account to verify it.
- Tap I want to permanently delete my content if you’re sure you want to delete your YouTube account and all of its content. If not, select I want to hide my channel so that your activity and channel content on YouTube are private.
- If you want to go ahead with the deletion, check the box to confirm to Google that you understand what is being deleted, and then tap Delete My Content.
How to delete your associated Google account to remove all traces of activities on YouTube
Even if you delete your content and data from YouTube, as long as you keep your YouTube account with Google, you will still technically have a YouTube account, but with no YouTube content and no trace of previous YouTube activity. However, the comments you have posted or other related activities may still be on the Internet while your associated Google account is active.
Deleting all content from YouTube is usually enough, but if you really want to go one step further and delete your entire Google account, including all data from other Google products you use, follow these steps.
It is not recommended to delete your Google account if you still want to use Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs or any of the other Google products.
- Access your YouTube account and select the icon of your user account.
- Choose Setting on the menu dropdown.
- Choose Watch or change your Google account settings in the section Bill of Google.
- Choose Manage your data and personalization in the Privacy section and personalization.
- scroll to the section Downloaddelete or make a plan for your data and select Delete a service or your account.
- Choose Remove your account Google. Sign in to your account to verify it.
- Read the information on the screen so you understand what will be removed. Check the checkboxes to confirm and select Delete account.
This not only deletes your Google account but also all the data you use in other Google products. This action can not be undone.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.