Learn how to disable and completely erase Apple ID from your computer or iPhone or iPad.
The Apple ID is where all the information about our devices is stored, an account necessary to operate an iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch. If you traded in your Apple device for another brand and you no longer need the Apple ID you have two options, deactivate your Apple account or delete it definitively.
These are two different steps, the first option is intended deactivate your account from a device before you delete it and sell it or transfer it to someone else, but you will keep all your account information for the future. If you decide for delete your Apple ID, you will delete your account and all information associated with it.
How to Delete an Apple Account
Deleting our Apple account is a definitive step that will completely eliminate our data. Apple allows us to delete our account at any time and will check the entire process to avoid false or erroneous requests, so you must confirm this process, which may take up to 7 days.
- Go to Apple’s privacy website and sign in with the ID you want to remove.
- You will access a panel with several options, at the bottom is Delete account.
- Click on “Request deletion of your account”.
- Apple will walk you through the process and explain everything that goes into deleting an ID.
- At the bottom of the drop-down list, choose the reason why you want to delete your Apple account.
- Tap Continue and confirm your decision.
The process of deleting your Apple ID will have already started. Apple will give us a code with which we can undo the deletion at any time by simply contacting their technical support, we have a turnaround time of approximately 7 days.
What does deleting an Apple account mean?
Before proceeding with the removal, you should know that it means you will stop being able to do many thingsApple exposes them on its privacy site:
- You won’t be able to access Apple services or your media and App Store purchases.
- Your photos, videos, and documents stored in iCloud will be permanently deleted.
- You will not receive messages sent to your account through iMessage, FaceTime, or iCloud Mail.
- You won’t be able to sign in or use services like iCloud, Apple Books, the App Store, Apple Pay, Messages, FaceTime, Find My, or any other app or service you use with your Apple ID.
- Your data associated with Apple services will be permanently deleted.
- If you are enrolled in the iPhone renewal program, you must continue to make payments for your device.
- Deletion does not void repairs or Apple Store orders. However, any appointments you have scheduled in the Apple Store will be cancelled. Also, open Apple Care cases will be permanently closed and unavailable once the account is deleted.
How to Deactivate an Apple Account from a Device
Another option if you are going to stop using an Apple device is deactivate your account on that particular device. This is ideal for removing all data from your device and a required step before selling your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch.
How to Deactivate an Apple ID on iPhone or iPad
It is the process of turn off Apple ID from iPhone or iPad:
- Go to iPhone or iPad settings.
- At the top, tap your name.
- Scroll down and tap Sign out.
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Tap Disable.
How to Deactivate an Apple ID from Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Tap All clocks in the top left corner.
- Tap the information button to the right of Apple Watch.
- Select Unpair Apple Watch.
- Confirm that you want to unpair your Apple Watch and enter your Apple ID password if required.
How to Deactivate an Apple ID on Mac
From the Mac, the process is similar to that found on the iPhone or iPadFollow these steps:
- Go to System Preferences, you can do this from the menu.
- At the top right, tap Apple ID.
- Click Preview.
- Tap Sign out and confirm the process.
By following these steps, you can permanently delete or deactivate your Apple account from any device. in a few minutes. Moreover, you also know the consequences of doing so.
Related Topics: tutorials
Sign up for Disney+ for 8.99 euros and without permanence
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.