How to Find People on Snapchat? What you need to know
- Sync your contacts: Tap your Bitmoji or profile icon and tap Add Friends > All Contacts.
- Use the search: Tap the magnifying glass at the top of the screen and search for a Snapchat username.
- With a Snapcode: Scan someone’s Snapcode and tap Add Friend.
This article explains how to find and add people on Snapchat so you can communicate with them. Methods include syncing your contacts, looking up Snapchat usernames, and scanning someone’s Snapcode.
How to sync your contacts with Snapchat?
The easiest and fastest way to find people on Snapchat is to automatically add people from your contacts in bulk.
- open the app Snapchat on your mobile device and tap on your Bitmoji or profile icon in the top left corner.
- touch Add Friends.
- Touch All contacts in it menu from the top.
If you haven’t given Snapchat permission to access your contacts, follow the on-screen instructions to allow it to access your contacts from your device settings.
- People in your contacts who have connected their phone numbers to Snapchat appear at the top along with their name, username, and icon. profile either Bitmoji. Tap Add next to any contact to add them as a friend.
- People who haven’t connected their phone numbers to their Snapchat accounts appear at the bottom. Tap Invite next to any contact to invite them to join Snapchat.
How to Find People on Snapchat? Search for someone’s username on Snapchat to find them
The usernames of Snapchat they are unique and can never be changed. If you know someone’s username, you can search for them and add them as a friend. Tap the magnifying glass at the top of any of the three main screens and enter a name of Username.
How to scan someone’s Snapcode to add them
Each Snapchat user has a unique Snapcode that can be scanned through the Snapchat app to quickly and automatically add them as a friend.
- Have your friend open Snapchat and navigate to their Snapcode. Your Snapcode is represented by the yellow square with the dot pattern.
- Open Snapchat on your device and point your camera at the snapcode from your friend. Touch and hold the Snapcode on your device screen, then release it after a second or two.
You don’t need to scan snapcode from another device. You can also have someone send a screenshot of their Snapcode, open it on a computer or other device, and then scan it from there.
- Tap Add Friend or Subscribe (depending on the user privacy settings).
An alternative way to add friends by Snapcode
An alternative way to add friends by Snapcode is to upload a photo of your Snapcode to Snapchat.
- Take or save a photo of a Snapcode with your device.
- On the screen add friendstouch the icon snapcode in the upper right corner.
- Tap the Snapcode photo from the photo grid. Snapchat scans the Snapcode in the photo and displays the corresponding username.
You may need to give permission to Snapchat to access your photos if you haven’t already.
Find people when they appear in Quick Add
Quick Add is a feature that suggests users to add in various sections of the Snapchat app. These users are suggested to you based on friends common and of the people to whom you are subscribed.
You can see your suggestions on the Add Friends screen. Tap Add next to any user to add them as a friend, or tap the X to remove them from your suggestions. For more options, long press on a user’s name.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.