Moving this WordPress site to SiteGround web hosting was probably the best decision I have ever made to get a website faster. So if you haven’t already, you should also register with SiteGround.
But how do you install WordPress on SiteGround?
This tutorial will show you how easy it is to install WordPress on your account—site ground hosting.
There are several ways to install WordPress on your SiteGround hosting account, but I will walk you through two of the easiest and fastest methods of installing WordPress.
The first method is fully automatic and uses SiteGround’s WordPress setup wizard. The second method is semi-automatic and uses the Softaculous installation settings.
How to install WordPress on SiteGround – using the installation wizard
2nd step: You will now see a pop-up window asking if you want “Start a new siteThe Canvas.” Click the WordPress button.
Step 3: A new section will appear on the page where you need to enter your login information—session (email, username and password) for your new WordPress site. Click the Confirm button.
Step 4: Select the enhancements you want to add (if any) (you can add them later if needed). Click the Finish configuration button.
That’s all! Now go to your website and check out the newly installed WordPress software application.
If you don’t choose a theme through the setup wizard, you will get the default basic WordPress theme installed. If you already have a WordPress theme you want to use, don’t choose a template from here.
How easy it was! The following method involves a few more steps and allows you to customize your WordPress installation on SiteGround.
How to install WordPress on SiteGround – using Softaculous
This method is a bit more semi-automatic and uses the WordPress Softaculous installer (as this gives you a few more options to customize your WordPress installation).
So what is Softaculous? It is a library of software scripts that automates the installation of open source applications like WordPress (but also Joomla, Magento, etc.).
Step 1: Log in to your customer area SiteGround and go to your panel control (called cPanel)
2nd step: Then look for the icon “WordPress installer”. Click on the
You will then be taken to a page that gives you an overview of WordPress.
Step 3: Click on the button “To install”
This will take you to a page with parameters from your WordPress site.
Step 4: WordPress software setup
I will walk you through each scenario to finish installing WordPress on SiteGround.
- Choose the protocol. Choose which of the protocols provided your WordPress site should be accessible. For example, I am using https://wordpresssite.space. You can use http: //, https: // www. etc
- Choose the domain. Select the domain name on which you want to install WordPress from the drop-down list
- Install in the directory. Please leave this field blank to install it directly on the domain. If you are installing your site’s subfolder, enter the folder’s name. For example, if you enter the folder’s name, WP will be installed: website.com/folder-name.
- Name of the site. The name of your WordPress site.
- Site description. The description or “tagline” of your WordPress site.
- Activate multisite(WPMU). Make sure this box is unchecked, as you do not want WPMU (multi-user) enabled.
- Administrator username. Enter a username for your WordPress dashboard login.
- Administrator password. Enter a password for your WordPress dashboard login.
- Administrator email. Enter an email address for your WordPress dashboard login.
- Choose language. Choose in which language you want your WordPress platform installed. The list of supported languages is quite long, and you will most likely find your native language there.
- Limit login attempts (Loginizer). Please enable this checkbox because you want the “Limit Login Attempts” plugin installed as it increases the security of your WordPress website.
- Choose a theme to install. Select none unless you want to use a WordPress theme from the drop-down menu.
- Advanced options. Here you can change the database name and table prefix but leave the defaults as-is.
- To install. Hit the install button, and WordPress will start installing. Once done, your login details will be displayed to you (and will also be emailed to the above email address you designated)
So ! WordPress should now install on SiteGround.
If you’ve followed the steps in this tutorial, you’ll now have a WordPress website installed and everything set up in your SiteGround hosting account.
You can now log into WordPress and start editing themes, uploading plugins, and adding content to your new WordPress website.
If you haven’t already, go to SiteGround.com and register now