Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to hide conversations on WhatsApp Web? Today you will learn to do it simply.
WhatsApp is the most downloaded messaging tool globally, so it is not surprising that its desktop version has quickly become a communication tool within the workplace. However, keeping your conversations hidden in these places is somewhat difficult since anyone who approaches your computer will be able to read your conversations. Today we will tell you how to hide your chats on WhatsApp Web.
Step by step to hide conversations within WhatsApp Web
You will first need to have downloaded the Google Chrome extension ‘WA Web Plus’, which is free. It should also be mentioned that this trick is not compatible with the beta version of the application. Now that you know the above, you can perform this trick by following the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp Web in a new window from Google Chrome.
- Find the extension within the browser in the ‘Extensions’ section, which has a puzzle piece as an icon, located in the upper right part of the window.
- Click on the ‘WA Web Plus’ icon; this will automatically open a menu within WhatsApp Web.
- Check the ‘Blur recent messages’ box.
- So that even you can read the messages again, it will be necessary to repeat the steps to deactivate this function.
You can also hide the names and photos of your contacts on WhatsApp Web!
With WA Web Plus, you will not only be able to keep your conversations hidden, but you will also be able to hide the names and profile photos of your contacts, receive alerts when one of them is online and even enable a button to react to received messages, similar to how you can do it within Facebook.
WA Web Plus is undoubtedly an extension with a great number of incredible functions; would you dare to use it?
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.