After disable Apple Pay in Russia Apple Watch fans in our country have noticeably decreased. Some quickly dumped them on Avito and switched to Mi Band, others not at all discontinued smartwatches in favor of mechanics. At the same time, many people forget that in addition to contactless payment, this gadget has many other functions, including listening to music. Agree, it’s very convenient when you can put on headphones and walk around without a phone. Yes, earlier you could also go to the store and pay for some purchases, but even without Apple Pay it’s good enough, so you can even save some money. This simple feature of the Apple Watch will be discussed in today’s article, since many do not even realize that listening to music on the watch has a lot of nuances.
ПОДПИСЫВАЙТЕСЬ НА НАС В ЯНДЕКС.ДЗЕН! КАЖДЫЙ ДЕНЬ ТАМ ВЫХОДЯТ ЭКСКЛЮЗИВНЫЕ СТАТЬИ, КОТОРЫХ НЕТ НА НАШЕМ САЙТЕ!
How to Manage Music with Apple Watch
Apart from the fact that you can listen to music offline on your Apple Watch, you also have the ability to control the music streaming on your iPhone. For example, I often use this feature when the phone is somewhere far away in my pocket.
To control music, Apple Watch has a separate menu where you can:
- Pause songs.
- Change tracks using the “Next” button and in a separate playlist.
- By clicking on the three dots, you can open an additional menu where you can delete a track, like it, or vice versa, ask to submit it less often, share a song, or see all tracks by the artist.
There are four different ways to open the Apple Watch music control menu:
- Open the Now Playing app on Apple Watch.
- During audio playback, tap the Now Playing icon at the top of the screen.
- Press the side power button, then tap Now Playing in the Dock.
- Press the app button with music, if added to the watch face.
How to Listen to Music on Apple Watch Without a Phone
In exactly the same mode, you can listen to music on Apple Watch without iPhone. Previously, Apple smartwatches only worked with Apple Music. But long how can you download any other streaming service app and sync all the music with it. To begin with, I suggest dealing with Apple Music and then considering alternatives.
For listen to music on apple watch without iphone, you need to sync your music to your watch first. you can always download music on apple watch like that:
- Recharge your watch. Make sure your iPhone is nearby and your watch is synced with your phone.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Next, navigate to the My Watch tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Music section and tap on it.
- Click the Add Music button and select the desired songs.
- Done, now you can open the Music app on your Apple Watch and listen to songs from there.
There are many nuances in this procedure. First, the watch must be charging. Otherwise, the music on the Apple Watch simply won’t download. Second, sometimes the clock is off and some albums are not added. In this case, it is better to download the albums to the iPhone first and only then to the watch.
You can make your life easier and turn on the toggle switch in front of the Recent Music item. So the iPhone itself will understand what you’ve been listening to lately and automatically add music to your watch. Very comfortably.
Well, the last nuance I would like to talk about is the inability to add multiple songs at once. For some reason, Apple only lets you add entire albums and doesn’t allow individual songs. In this case, I recommend creating separate playlists and then uploading them to Apple Watch.
How to download Yandex.Music on Apple Watch
After paying for a subscription to Apple Music became a real test, many moved to domestic Yandex.Music. I must say that the service is quite worthy and at the moment it is the main contender for the title the best alternative to Apple Music.
In addition to the application for iPhone and iPad, Yandex.Music offers a separate version for smartwatches. To download Yandex.Music on Apple Watch, follow the simple instructions:
- Unlock your Apple Watch.
- Next, find and open the App Store app.
- Click the Search icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap the microphone icon, speak with your Yandex.Music voice, or take your iPhone and enter a request through it.
- Then click the Search button in the upper right corner, click Download.
- Wait for the app to download to your smartwatch.
And here comes the most interesting part. Unlike Apple Music, where the watch basically has a full-fledged app, in the Yandex.Music app you can only change tracks and the like button. Neither downloading music, nor viewing playlists, nor deleting a song on the watch will work.
Spotify also has its own music app, but since that service left Russia, I don’t see much point in talking about it. These guys, unlike Yandex.Music, made it possible to listen to songs without an iPhone. If you are interested, we wrote about this in a separate article.
How to Listen to Music on Apple Watch Without Headphones
Alas, but listen to music on Apple Watch through built-in speakers it’s forbidden. Apple itself warns of this on its official website. Only a few features can be used with the built-in speakers:
- Control the voice assistant Siri.
- Receive phone calls.
- Play answering machine messages and voice recordings.
But Apple Watch lets you stream music through some Bluetooth speakers. Here’s how:
- Turn on the speaker and put it in device search mode.
- Next, open Settings on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down and go to the Bluetooth section.
- Select the column you need from the list of available devices.
- On your Apple Watch, open the Music app and play the track you want.
- If necessary, specify the sound source from the context menu.
4 причины, почему iPhone лучше Android даже в условиях санкций. Его стоит купить.
If you are having trouble listening to music on Apple Watch, please feel free to contact our Telegram chat. With the readers, we will certainly understand your problem. Also, don’t forget that we have our own Telegram channel, where we post all the latest news from the Apple world. Subscribe!
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.