How to make a GIF from a YouTube Video? what you need to know
- Choose a YouTube video, then type GIF in the URL just before youtube. Hit Enter > Choose the start time > Confirm the end time > Create the GIF.
- Copy the video URL into Giphy’s GIF Maker > set the duration. Click Continue to Decorate > Continue to Upload > Upload to GIPHY.
This article tells you how to create a GIF from a YouTube video using gifs.Com and Giphy.
How to Make a GIF from a YouTube Video?
There is a lot of material to make GIFs on video platforms like YouTube. The easiest way to make a gift it’s so simple you’ll wonder if it’s really that simple. This method uses a service online called gifs.com.
- Start by finding a video on YouTube you want to use for your GIF.
- In the address bar of your browser, type gif on the URLs right before Youtube in the address and then press Enter.
- The video will open in the video editor of gifs.com, and there will be a pink slider in the timeline under the GIF that you can move to choose the start time of the video. When you find the place where you want to start, click on it.
- Once you’ve chosen the start time, the timeline expands, and a small section of it is highlighted in blue. This is the suggested length of the GIF you are creating. You can grab and move either side of the blue box (shaded in a darker blue) to change the start times and ending.
- If you know the exact start time and/or ending of the video section you want to use for a GIF, you can also enter it manually in the Start Time and End Time boxes. ending.
- If you want to add some extra embellishment to the video, you will find options to do so on the left side of the screen. Standard options include:
– Flip vertically
– flip horizontally
There are also two experimental features called Ping Pong and Warp. table tennis makes your gifs loop back and forth, and Warp lets you speed up or slow down your GIF.
- Once you’re done editing your GIF, click the Create Gif button in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will be asked to fill in some information about the GIF, such as the GIF title, and the tags, to choose whether the GIF is NSFE, if you want it to have sound or if you want to add a watermark. You can also decide if you want the GIF to be public or private. Make your choices and click Next.
- The GIF will be generated and will take you to a link where you can share it with your friends on social media, copy the link to share elsewhere, or download the GIF to your device.
The GIFs you create with this method will have the logo of gifs.com. You can remove it, but you will need to pay a premium subscription to the service to do so.
How to make a GIF from a YouTube video with Giphy
Another free service you can use is Giphy. Giphy is a great source for GIFs that others have made, but it’s also an easy-to-use tool for creating your own GIFs.
To use Giphy to create a GIF, you’ll need to sign up for an account. It’s free, but they ask for your name and email address.
- Start by finding the video on Youtube What do you want to use to create GIFs?
- Copy the video URL and paste it into Giphy’s GIF Maker.
For Giphy to work properly, the length of the original video you use to create a GIF must be less than 15 minutes.
- A new screen will automatically appear allowing you to set the duration and start time of your GIF. After setting the duration and start time, click Continue to decorate.
- On the next screen, you have options for Legend, Stickers, Filters, and Drawing. Each of those tabs has additional options that you can use to make the GIF unique. When you’re done decorating it, click Continue to upload it.
- When the Add Information screen appears, you can change the url de Source if it’s different than the one you entered to start with and Add Tags if you want the GIF to be easily searchable by others. There is also the option to make the GIF public. This is on by default, but if you don’t want it to be public, you can click to turn it off. When you’re done, click Upload to GIPHY.
- Once the file has finished uploading, you will be shown the final GIF. On the right side of the screen, you’ll find all the sharing options, and your GIF will be included in a Giphy search (if you’ve made it public) for others to find.
Other options to Create a GIF from a YouTube video
These are two of the fastest and easiest methods to quickly create gifs from a video on Youtube, but there are quite a few other options available. You will find both creators of downloadable gifs such as websites that will allow you to create a GIF from a video on Youtube or of any other kind. Many of them are free, and some are so easy to use like these two examples.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.