This article explains How to Open a Snapchat without it saying “open”? The instructions apply to iOS and Android devices.
How to Open a Snapchat Without it saying “open”?
- Open the Conversations tab, put your device in airplane mode to disconnect from the internet, and then open the snap.
- Clear the cache of the app, and then reconnect to the internet.
- To try it out, create another Snapchat account and send messages between your accounts.
How to Read Snapchat Messages Without Them Knowing
The following instructions work for both snap of photos and videos as for chat messages.
- Once you’ve received a new snap or chat message from a friend, navigate to the Conversations tab by swiping right from the camera tab.
- If the snap or chat message hasn’t fully loaded yet, let it load. Once it’s loaded, you should see a pink square and a New Snap label (if it’s a snap)or a blue arrow and the New Chat label (if it’s a chat message) below your friend’s name.
Don’t touch it for watch or read it!
- Put your device in airplane mode to disconnect from Internet.
– On iOS devices, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to display the control center and tap the airplane icon to turn it orange.
– On Android devices, swipe down from the top of the screen to see the quick settings and tap the airplane icon to turn it blue.
- Now that you’re offline, it’s safe to view your friend’s snap or read their chat message. Go back to the Snapchat app and tap on your friend’s name + New Snap to see your snap, or touch the name of your friend + New Chat to read your chat message.
- Prior to deactivate airplane mode and reconnect, you have to clear your cache within the application Snapchat. Touch the icon of your profile/Bitmoji at the top right of the app, and then tap the gear icon at the top right of your profile tab.
- On the Settings tab, scroll down to the Account Actions section and tap Clear Cache > Clear All. Tap OK to confirm.
This step is essential for secretly opening snaps, so if you forget to do it, your friend will still see the tag “Open» even though you opened it while in airplane mode. Clearing the cache simply deletes certain data that they help to make the app work faster, but it may take up extra space. Don’t worry: none of your snaps saved in Memories or chats are lost.
- Now it’s safe turn off airplane mode.
– On iOS, swipe up from the screen and tap the airplane icon in control center to reconnect.
– On Android, swipe down from the screen and tap the airplane icon in the quick settings.
- When your friend looks at his tab conversationsall you’ll see is a Delivered label below your name.
Try it Yourself
The best way to confirm that this method works is by using two Snapchat accounts, where one account sends a Snap to the other. Follow the steps above using the recipient’s account, and then verify that the sender’s account never sees an Open label by looking for the label Delivered instead.
You can do this by simply creating a trial account alongside your regular account, but an easier way to do this is to get a friend to try it out with you.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.