When we install applications on our Windows computer, we often do not realize that some of them are preconfigured to start with the operating system. This, of course, slows down our startup over time; and that computer that once booted in a second, now takes up to twenty to get to the lock screen.
However, we can prevent these applications from running when we start our computer. Of course, once the process is complete, we will have to open them manually if we want to use them. However, at least we will avoid unnecessarily slowing down our PC by saving ourselves a second of clicks.
Today we come to show you How to prevent an application from starting next to Windows. Now you can choose the ones you really need; and leave out those that don’t add anything to your workflow. This method works for Windows 11, 10 and many other versions previous.
How to prevent an application from starting with Windows
To start limiting the applications and programs that start with Windows, we will have to open the first Task Manager of the system. With its help we will be able to modify the parameters assigned by the application.
If you want open the Task Manager Windows, you have up to three different methods:
- Control + Alt + Delete: This is usually the most commonly used command to run the Task Manager. Once we press these three keys at the same time, a screen will open. Here you just need to press Task Manager and he will take you directly.
- To look for “Task Manager“: You can use the Windows search bar to run the Task Manager. Once you find the program, run it and it will open automatically.
- Control + Shift + Esc: This combination is the fastest. By pressing these three keys, the Task Manager It will open without the need to press anything else.
Now that you’ve opened it, you can proceed to the configuration of the applications that start with Windows. Just do the following:
- In case the Task Manager just show a simple menu with a list of applications, click on the button where it says More details. This will expand the program, showing all of its features.
- look for it tongue Start in the top bar and tap it.
In this section, you will see a list of all applications configured or not configured to start with the operating system. You can distinguish which is which thanks to the indicator Authorized and disabled. The first tells us that the application starts with the system. For its part, the second means that Windows limits the execution of the program when the user needs it.
Similarly, Windows shows us a section detailing the impact of the candidacy when the operating system starts. They are classified into High, Medium, Low and None.
Choose the apps you don’t want to start
Now all you have to do is choose the apps you don’t want to start next to the system. To do this, click on it to select it. Later you can press the button To deactivate located at the bottom right of the window; or you can right click on the application to open a context menu where you will have this same option.
Always you can re-enable application startup next to the system by pressing the button To permit; so don’t worry if you disabled something you didn’t want, you can undo it.
In another order of ideas, try not to disable all apps in the list. Some of them may be important for your computer to maintain good performance. Among them we have Windows Defender. On the other hand, if you disable some drivers, you may find that something is wrong when you restart your computer. this can happen when you disable your audio drivers.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.