Even though Apple is actually Apple Pay disabled in Russia, colleagues from iPhones.ru found a way to make the payment service work again. The essence of their methodology is to restore cards linked to the wallet via iphone lost mode. Practice has shown that this method really works. All bank cards, including MasterCard, Visa and Mir, are restored and become available for payment again. Let’s see how the Apple Pay reactivation procedure works and how long it takes.
❗️ПОДПИШИСЬ НА НАШ ЯНДЕКС.ДЗЕН, ЧТОБЫ ЧИТАТЬ ЭКСКЛЮЗИВНЫЕ СТАТЬИ, КОТОРЫХ НЕТ НА САЙТЕ
You can re-enable cards in Wallet semi-automatically by forcing your iPhone into Lost Mode. To do this, it is important to know or have easy access to your Apple ID account password, as well as a second device in case you need to confirm the unlock with a passcode at two factors.
Apple Pay does not work in Russia. How to activate it
- Open icloud.com/find and sign in;
- Select your iPhone from the “Devices” drop-down menu;
- Click the “Lost Mode” button and confirm the action;
- Wait until the smartphone is locked (the camera button will turn gray) and try to unlock it with your password;
- If necessary, enter your Apple ID password, then the 2FA code;
- After that, you will receive a notification about the availability of all your cards.
❗️ПОДПИШИСЬ НА ТЕЛЕГРАМ-КАНАЛ СУНДУК АЛИБАБЫ. ТАМ КАЖДЫЙ ДЕНЬ ВЫХОДЯТ ПОДБОРКИ ЛУЧШИХ ТОВАРОВ С АЛИЭКСПРЕСС
In principle, the way seems rather strange, considering that you have to do something that ordinary iOS users almost never do. However, the maps are restored and become available as iPhone contactless payment. But even here, there are a few caveats that you definitely need to be aware of so you don’t go wrong at checkout.
- First, not all cards are restored. Maybe it depends on the bank, and maybe the effect of US sanctions, although I’m not sure. But, for example, my VTB, Sovcombank and one of the two Mir cards from Tinkoff Bank did not recover.
- Second, the payment really goes through. Moreover, according to users who have experienced this method for themselves, the transaction takes place the same way both from MasterCard and Visa cards, and from Mir cards.
- Third, the availability of cards in Wallet is a temporary phenomenon. After a few hours, they return to the inaccessible state, and it becomes impossible to pay with them.
- Fourth, link a new card to Apple Pay is no longer possible, regardless of the card or payment system you use. Wallet won’t even accept World from you, let alone everyone else.
Unable to use this card – Apple Pay
I tried recover your cards in Apple Pay last night, and I really did. Even MasterCard and Visa are back to work. True, I did not try to pay them. But many people write that everything works. Apparently the fact is that restore iphone from lost mode causes the forced creation of tokens, and they temporarily return to work.
True, after a while – for me, for example, it happened at night – the token flies. Either this happens automatically or Apple notices something is wrong. However, no matter what, therefore, the cards are still blocked, although they can be restored again by redoing the whole procedure described above. Be sure to tell us in the comments how it went for you and if you managed to pay at all.
❗️У НАС ЕСТЬ СУПЕРСКИЙ ЧАТИК В ТЕЛЕГРАМЕ, ГДЕ МЫ ОТВЕЧАЕМ НА ВОПРОСЫ ЧИТАТЕЛЕЙ
Another question – do you need it? In the end, it’s extremely inconvenient – for one or two payments, bother with Put iPhone in Lost Mode. It’s even worse than flashing and customizing Android. I’m not talking about the fact that very soon (if it hasn’t already) Apple will find a loophole and cover it. And it will be good if only the restoration of maps is covered, and not blocked, for example, in retaliation, the ability to restore backups.