How to Remove Suggestions for you on Instagram? what you need to know
- In the app, under Suggestions for you, select the X in the upper right corner of any user box. Choose See all to remove users quickly.
- If you don’t want to appear in anyone else’s Suggestions options for you, go to Instagram.Com > profile picture > Settings.
- Then uncheck the box next to Suggestions from similar accounts and select Submit. Please note that this setting cannot be accessed from the apps.
This article explains how to remove one or more users from the «suggestions for you» Instagram of your feed if you are not interested in following them. After you remove the suggestion, you won’t be prompted to follow that person. We also cover how to opt-out of appearing as a suggested user in other people’s feeds.
How to Remove Suggestions for you on Instagram?
Instagram is trying to be helpful by connecting you with users you may want to follow based on mutual friends, people in your contact list, and Facebook friends. If Instagram messes up, here’s how to delete a suggested contact.
- Open the Instagram app or navigate to instagram.com in a browser Web of desk either mobile and sign in to your account, if necessary.
- Scroll through your home feed until you see a horizontal list of suggested users labeled Suggestions for you. It will probably appear near the top of your feed, after the first or second most recent post.
- Select the X in the corner top right of any suggested user box. The suggestion will disappear immediately.
- Optionally, select the profile picture or the Name of any suggested user to go to their profile and see if they are worth following. If you decide you don’t want to follow it, select the back arrows at the top left of the app (or the back button in your browser) to go back, and then select X.
Instagram will not ask you to confirm that you want to remove the suggested user after selecting the X, toys make sure you want to remove it the first time. There is no way to undo it once done.
- To speed up the process of removing multiple users suggested following select See all above the list of suggested users. This will take you to a new tab or page with a vertical list labeled All Suggestions.
- if you are watching All the Suggestions from the application, select the X to the right of any suggested user to remove them. Having them listed in a smaller vertical list makes it faster and easy to remove multiple suggested users.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a button X next to each suggested user in the All Suggestions list when viewed on Instagram. Com. If you want to remove suggested users from this tab, you have to do it from the app.
- If you end up deleting all the suggested users in your list of All Suggestions from the application, you can refresh the tab to see a list of new suggestions. Instagram will continue to suggest new users for you to follow.
Opt out of other users’ suggestions
If you don’t want your own profile to appear in the “Suggestions for you” from other users to avoid being discovered and followed by certain people, you can choose to exclude your account from it. Simply making your account private will not do this. automatically.
You can only exclude the Suggestions for you section in the feeds from other users accessing Instagram from a Web navigator desktop or mobile. You can’t do it from the app.
- Navigate to Instagram. Like on a desktop or mobile web browser and sign in to your account if needed.
- go to your profile by selecting the profile icon in the top corner right on the desktop web or in the bottom menu on the mobile web.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Suggestions from similar accounts and uncheck that box.
- This tells Instagram to exclude your account when recommending similar accounts that people might want to follow.
- Select the button blue Send to save your profile settings changes.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.