what you need to know
- For a start: Press Start Login > Enter your username or email > Forgot your password?? Choose phone or email.
- By phone: Choose Send by SMS or Call me instead. Snapchat will give you a code. Enter it and reset your password.
- Email: Open the “Snapchat Password Reset” email. Follow the link, enter your new password and tap Change Password.
This article explains how to reset your Snapchat password, either via email or SMS. Snapchat makes it easy for you to recover your account by giving you the option to reset your password right on the login tab.
How to Reset Snapchat Password
- Open the Snapchat app on your device, select SIGN IN, and enter your Snapchat username or email address in the first field.
- Select Forgot your password? below the username and password. You must enter your username or email address in the first field. Otherwise, Snapchat won’t be able to associate the lost password request with your account.
- Snapchat gives you the option to reset your password by phone (via an automated call or SMS text) or by email.
Snapchat password reset by phone
Follow these instructions to reset your Snapchat password via phone call or text message.
- Select through the telephone. Snapchat will ask you to provide your phone number.
You can only choose the phone option if your Snapchat account is associated with that phone number and you have access to that particular mobile device.
- Choose Send by SMS to receive a verification code by text message.
Choose Call me instead to receive a verification code by phone call. Have a pen and paper handy so you can quickly jot down the code.
- Once you’ve received the text or phone call, enter the code provided in the provided field, then select Continue. If you have entered the code correctly, you will be able to Introduce a new password in the next tab, and then confirm it by re-entering it.
- Choose change password chen you’re done.
Snapchat Password Reset via Email
Follow these instructions to reset your password for email.
- Select via email and you will be prompted to enter your email address in the field on the next tab, then select Submit.
- You should receive an email almost instantly from the Snapchat team with the subject line “Reinstatement of the Snapchat password. » If you don’t see it, wait a few minutes or check your spam folder.
- Select the link in the email message to open the password reset page in a web browser. Enter your new password in the indicated field and enter it again in the second field to confirm it. Select Change password when you’re done.
If you have startup verification enabled login to your account, You may be asked to provide your verification or recovery code to log in to your account.
When you can’t reset your Snapchat password
If you can’t reset your password, you may be providing incorrect information to verify that you are the account owner. For security reasons, Snapchat will not allow you to reset your password if:
- The email address that you provided is not associated with your Snapchat account
You do not have access to the email account or the mobile device associated with your Snapchat account there’s really nothing you or Snapchat can do to get the account back.
Tips to Reset Snapchat Password
To strengthen the security of your account when resetting your password, Snapchat suggests that you include:
- eight or more characters
- A combination of uppercase and lowercase letters
- Include numbers and/or symbols
Snapchat also suggests that not include:
- You Name
- Name of Username
- Date birth
- Number of telephone
- Any other personal information
Reset your Snapchat password within Snapchat
You can reset your password within your account as well, at any time, as long as you know what your current password is. That is how
- If you have already started login to your account, select the icon of your profile/Bitmoji and then the icon gear located at the top right.
- Choose Password and enter your current password in the indicated field. Select Continue to enter and re-enter a new password in the following fields using the tips suggested above.
- Choose Save when you’re done and remember to write down your password, or save it in your password manager so as not to forget her again.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.