How to Save Videos from Facebook? What you need to know
- Select More > Videos > Your videos. Find the clip you want to download and select the pencil icon.
- Choose SD or HD, then select the three vertical dots and choose Download.
- You can save someone else’s video to iOS or Android with a third-party app like Friendly For Facebook.
This article explains how to download any video From Facebook to view on your device at any time, without Internet access. These instructions work on both a computer and a mobile device.
How to save a video you’ve posted on Facebook?
Media uploaded to Facebook can serve as a backup if you lose the original file. To retrieve a video of Facebook that you have uploaded:
- Log in to Facebook on your laptop or desktop computer and go to your profile page.
- Go to the menu in the header and hover over More.
- Select Videos.
If you don’t see this option, select the Manage sections in the More menu and turn on Videos.
- In the Videos panel, select Your Videos.
- Hover over the video you want to download, then select the pencil icon in the upper right corner of the image.
- Select Download SD (Standard Definition) or Download HD (High Definition).
- The video appears on a new screen. Select the three vertical points (located in the lower right corner of the video player), and then select Download. The file is downloaded to your computer.
How to save a video someone else posted on Facebook?
If a video appears on your timeline Facebook after it’s posted by a friend, family member, company, or other entity, download it as a file MP4 and save it locally to use in the future.
But first, you need to trick Facebook into thinking you’re viewing the social network on a mobile device, an unconventional but necessary solution. The following steps work for most Facebook videos, including those originally recorded with Facebook Live, in most major web browsers.
- Go to the video you want to download and right-click anywhere in the player.
- Select Show Video URL. O well, select Copy URLthe video at the current time, and then go to step 4.
- Click the URL to highlight it, then right-click and select Copy. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C or Command+C.
- Delete the browser’s address bar and paste the URLs.
- Edit the URL. Replace www with m. The front part of the URL should now say m. Facebook.com instead of www. Facebook.com. Press. Sign in to upload the new address.
- In Microsoft Edge, select Save to download the video file to its default location. In Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, right-click anywhere on the video and select Inspect.
- Hit Play, then select the arrow icon (located in the top left corner of the inspector window).
- Select the video to focus on it.
- In the Elements window, right-click the URL and select Copy Link Address. If you don’t see that option, double-click the area where you see the video URL so it’s highlighted, then copy the URL using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C or Command+C.
- Paste the new URLs in a new, empty browser window and press Enter.
- The video will play in a smaller window. Select the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Choose Download. The video is downloaded as an mp4 file to your computer.
How to Save Videos from Facebook on an iOS or Android Device?
To download someone else’s video to your phone or tablet, you’ll need a third-party app like Friendly For Facebook, which is available for iOS and Android. Friendly adds workflow features and usability to Facebook, including an option to download any video posted on the social network.
The instructions for downloading a Facebook video to a phone or tablet are the same for both iOS and Android.
After locating the video you want to save on your device, tap on the play button. Once the video starts playing, tap anywhere on the screen to view the playback information and the menu. Select the cloud icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. A menu will appear giving you the option to download the video to your mobile device.
On Android, tapping the Cloud icon download instantly the video.
Friendly will request access to your photos and other media files. Grant access to download any Facebook video.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.