Sending emails is one of the activities we do most frequently on a daily basis. However, we can’t always be in front of the computer or the mobile send our messages at a specific time; either because we are in a different time slot than our recipient, or because we do not have free time to devote to this task. For this reason, Gmail and Outlook have very useful tools for schedule our emails.
The tools already exist, and today we’re just going to show you the steps so you can schedule your Outlook or Gmail emails for the time and day you need it. You can also follow these steps from your device iOS, iPadOS or Android; as well as from your computer Mac or Windows.
First, let’s get to the basics. We’ll start by explaining how to schedule your emails on a computer, then move on to the mobile version. In turn, the two messaging platforms They have several ways to set the desired schedulebut don’t worry, we clear all that up here.
How to Schedule an Email from Gmail on Mac or Windows
If you want schedule an email from Gmail from your computer Mac or Windowsyou just have to follow the procedure described below.
- Go to Gmail and sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- click on Write.
- Write the email with all the necessary information, including the recipient and the subject.
- When you have this ready, click on the arrow that appears next to the word Sendon the blue button.
- to touch schedule delivery.
- Select the date and time you want your email to be sent. Here you can choose the options provided by Gmail; but if you click Choose date and time you can decide manually and more precisely.
- Once you have chosen the date and time, press schedule delivery.
- It’s done, your email has been scheduled to be sent at the agreed time.
Schedule a Gmail email from your Android or iOS mobile
In case you want schedule an email from your mobilethe steps will have to be done from the Gmail application.
- Open the app on your device.
- Press on Write.
- Write your email, and do not forget to fill in the recipient and the subject of it.
- When done, tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose the option schedule delivery.
- As on Windows or Mac, you can also choose one of the options predefined by Gmail here; although you can also choose a more specific date and time of your choice by pressing Choose date and time.
- Once you have selected the desired date and time, press to safeguard.
- Done, the mail will be scheduled immediately to be sent at the agreed time.
How to Schedule Outlook Email on Mac or Windows
In a world dominated by Gmail, we sometimes forget that there are still many users who prefer the services of Outlook, Microsoft’s alternative. If you are one of them and want schedule your emails on a Mac or Windows computerfollow these simple steps.
- Open Outlook on your computer.
- Press on New message to compose a new email.
- Here, write your message, as well as the recipient and the subject it will contain.
- Once you have done everything, you can proceed with programming.
- Tap the down arrow next to the word Sendon the blue button.
- click on send later.
- In the new window that appears, you can choose one of Outlook’s default options, or you can tap custom time and choose the one that best suits your needs.
- When you have selected the time and date, press the button Send.
- It’s done, your mail is already scheduled to be sent when you need it.
Schedule an Outlook email from your Android or iOS mobile
Unfortunately, unlike Gmail, Outlook only allows us to schedule emails natively in its web version. However, there is a way around this limitation of iOS and Android, and it is achieved by downloading a third-party app do the work for us.
Spark is an application for Android and iOS that will allow you configure your email from almost all platforms. It also has some eye-catching features like the ability to have private email conversations, integrations with cloud services, and of course, the ability to schedule your messages for the moment you want from your mobile.
To do this, you just need to start the normal writing of an e-mail and, in the lower toolbar, you will see the icon of an e-mail with a clock. Click it to enter the mail schedule menu. It works the same on Android and iOS.