How to set up Automatic Wallpaper Change on Mac? Many users, in order to refresh the look of their Mac, try to change their wallpaper regularly. Someone, on the contrary, does not want to do this, believing that the picture will get boring very quickly anyway, and the search for a new one takes time. For such users Apple presented an opportunity automatic wallpaper changer.
You just need to find a large number of images once, set the required interval and the wallpaper will change like magic.
But the coolest thing is that it is possible to create dynamic wallpapers that will change depending on the weather. You can take photos of the same landscape at different times of the day, and each will appear on your computer screen at some point. Let’s see how this can be configured.
Change Desktop Wallpaper
Automatic wallpaper change – it is no longer an innovation, but many users do not know of its existence. In a few words, this function can be described as follows: the user collects photos and images in a folder which should appear on the screen of his poppy, and the system displays them on the screen at specified intervals or after performing certain actions. It seems that there is nothing complicated about it, but the such decor is not always striking.
To activate it, you must do the following:
- Create a wallpaper folder anywhere on your computer and place the necessary photos and images there.
- Hurry Apple Logo in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select “System Preferences” from the menu that appears.
- Go to “Desktop and Screen Saver”.
- Under the window with the sources of wallpapers, click on the “+” and specify the path to the created folder.
- Click on any image in the folder and it will automatically become your wallpaper.
- Under the window with the wallpaper, check the “Change image” box and set the desired interval or action.
- The following options can be selected: on login, on wake-up, every five seconds, one minute, five minutes, fifteen minutes, thirty minutes, every hour or every day.
By default, the images will change in the order they are in the folder. If you want to set a random order, just check the appropriate box in the settings. After making your choice, you can exit the settings and enjoy the automatic wallpaper changer on your desktop.
This option is very well suited to users who like to regularly refresh the appearance of their workspace. And if you also upload a large number of different images, you can usually forget about manual intervention in this process.
How to set up Automatic Wallpaper Change on Mac?
But there is in the arsenal Apple and another feature. It’s called dynamic wallpaper. As mentioned earlier, these wallpapers change depending on the time of day. For example, if it is daylight outside the window, the wallpaper will be daylight.
If the sunset, the desktop background will show it exactly. Many users like this option very much. This, of course, is not live but looks very nice. For those who want to try dynamic wallpaper on your Mac, do the following:
After these steps, the wallpaper will adjust to the current time and display the appropriate landscape. But Apple doesn’t offer many options to choose from, and none of them may be right for you. In such a situation, the logical step would be to create dynamic wallpaper all alone.
The most interesting thing is that it is not necessary to use a landscape at different times of the day. You can use completely different images and display them on the screen at any given time. And you will be able to set the wallpaper changing time up to one minute. For example, at home, you want to use one wallpaper and at work another.
Coming home at 6:00 p.m., the office background will switch to home, and coming to work at 9:00 a.m. – to work. This will require:
- Download the Dynaper app at Mac App Store.
- Launch it and under the window with a big plus, click on the little “+”.
- In the window that appears, select the necessary images to create dynamic wallpapers. You may need to hold down the cmd button to select.
- After adding images to the program, set the time when each of them will appear on your computer’s desktop and click “Export HEIC”.
- Give the file a name and select a folder to save.
- Make sure to check “Set image as wallpaper” and click “Export”.
Now wait for the time limit and enjoy an automatic change of selected wallpapers according to the previously established schedule.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.