How to set up YouTube TV Family Sharing? YouTube TV is a great alternative to cable TV. With this service, you can access all kinds of live content for a low monthly fee. With YouTube TV Family Sharing, you can also share your subscription with up to five other members of your household.
This article assumes you have already purchased a YouTube TV subscription . Otherwise, you can sign up for the YouTube TV free trial, but note that it’s only valid for two days before the subscription price is charged to the card you registered.
How to set up YouTube TV Family Sharing?
Before you start sharing your subscription to YouTube TV with other people, you’ll need to set up sharing in the app. Here’s how to get sharing up and running.
These instructions apply to YouTube TV in a web browser or YouTube TV apps. iOS and Android. Images were captured using the browser-based version.
- Sign in to YouTube TV and click the picture of your profile in the upper right corner.
- From the menu, select Settings.
- Another menu appears. Select Share in the family.
This is also where you would add premium channels to your YouTube TV subscription if you’d like to.
- Another box opens a dialogue explaining the requirements for adding family members. make sure to read it and then click Continue.
You can skip adding family members at this point. If you do, you’ll need to go back into the Family Sharing manager later to add people who share your YouTube TV subscription.
- On the next screen, select the people you want to add as members of your family group. If they’re not in your contacts, you can add family members by email address. When you’re done, select Send to send the invitations.
- After sending the invitations, you will receive a confirmation message. Click Go to youtube TV to start watching your favorite movies and shows. The rest of the process will have to be managed by the people you invited to join your family group.
How to accept an invite from a YouTube TV family member
Once the invitations to join your family group have been sent, then the recipients have to finish the process. They will do it from the email invitation they receive.
- The person you’ve invited to join your family group should open the email they received and click Accept the invitation.
- It will take you to an explanation that you have invited him to join your family on Google.
YouTube is owned by Google and is therefore connected to Google, so when you create a family group on YouTube, some of the features of your Google account appear automatically.
- The recipient will be asked to confirm that they will be part of your family. If you agree, you should click Join the family.
- Your family member will receive a message from Welcome to the family! You can now see who else is in your family group by clicking View Family
- Family members will also be able to see what you’re sharing by scrolling down the page. From there, they can click Go next to Family Plan Youtube TV to start using YouTube TV.
Users will also be able to access other services that are automatically shared with them once you set up family sharing.
Manage your YouTube TV family group
Because family dynamics can change, you need to be able to manage your YouTube TV family group. You can add and remove family members quite easily.
- Sign in to your YouTube TV account, then click your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select Settings > Family Sharing and then click Manage.
- Select the family member you want to delete. Then, on the menu, click Remove Member.
- You will be prompted to provide the password asign of your bill and then confirm that you want to remove the family member. Click Remove again and the family member will be removed.
To add another member of the family -you can have up to five additional family members- click the Invite a family member option and follow the steps you used earlier to invite a new family member.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.