How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New? If you just bought a new iPhone device, you are probably wondering what can you do to avoid losing the information from the previous. After all, over the years we can store lots of photos and videos of all kinds that have some sentimental value.
Do you want to learn how to transfer photos from your old iPhone to a new one? Well here we tell you how, and the steps are quite simple.
The guide will be divided into three different methods. This way, if one doesn’t work for you or isn’t right for you, you can always skip to the next one. However, they are all fairly straightforward, and with just a few clicks on both devices, everything should be set up.
Of course, although the guide is to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone; also works between iPhone and iPad, or vice versa. Just make sure your device is updated to the latest version available so that you don’t run into any issues later on.
How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New
The first of the methods we will use will be the AirDrop method. It is the easiest and most elegant way to manually transfer our photos from one iPhone to another. To use this transfer technology, you just need to do the following.
- Open the Control center of your iPhone by swiping from the top right corner (if you have a classic design iPhone, it will swipe from bottom to top).
- Here, long press the login square in the top left corner.
- The window will expand. Long press where it says drop of air.
- Choose Everyone Is Only contacts.
- Now make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled.
The first part is ready. Now everything is ready for start uploading our images from one iPhone to another in a few simple steps.How to AirDrop Photos
- Enter the app Pictures.
- Here, select all the pictures you want to transfer from iPhone to iPhone.
- Tap the share icon.
- Here press drop of air.
- You should see a collection of devices within signal range of the iPhone. Of course, select your new terminal.
- All you have to do is accept the transfer on the receiving device and wait for the images to finish streaming.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
Enable iCloud Photos
This is the easiest option of all. Natively, your Photos library will sync across all Apple devices that use the same Apple ID. However, you must have enough space in iCloud to make sure the backup completed successfully. Otherwise, images will not be downloaded and existing ones will not be synced to new devices.
In the first place, iCloud only offers 5GB of free cloud storage. This, of course, is quite a bit for someone who has spent years collecting photos and videos on the same device. For this, you will need to rent an iCloud plan which allows you to store all your photos in the cloud.
If you already have the new plan, or don’t need more than 5 GB to secure all your images, follow the steps:
- open app Setting from your old iPhone.
- Tap your name at the top.
- Here, go to iCloudand subsequently to Pictures.
- Make sure the option is enabled iCloud Photos.
Now go to your new device and sign in with the same Apple ID. This process usually it is done when you start the device for the first timeso we’ll assume you have it ready.
- Follow the same steps mentioned above and make sure that iCloud Photos be active here too.
- Photos should automatically start syncing to your new iPhone without you having to touch anything else.
Transfer your photos with an iTunes backup
How to Backup Your iPhone with iTunes
First of all, make sure the iTunes application is installed on your computer. It is compatible with Windows or macOS, so this process can be done regardless of the device you are on.
However, unlike the previous ones, with this last procedure you will not only transfer the photos from your old iPhone, but also any other information. Because? Well, because we’re going to use iTunes’ backup feature, and we can’t choose what we want to backup and what we don’t.
If you still want to continue with the steps, just do the following:
- Open itunes on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Connect your old iPhone to your PC.
- Once it appears, tap on the iPhone icon located on the top bar of the screen.
- In category abstract there are all the options you will need.
- In the section backup copyChoose This computer.
- Now click on back up now.
- This process may take several minutes, so do not unplug your device while it is completing.
Once the backup is complete, you can now disconnect the mobile and start restoring the backup to your new iPhone to have all your photos and videos available.
- Find your new iPhone and connect it to the computer.
- When recognized by the computer, press restore backup.
- Once the process is complete, you will be able to view all your photos, videos, and other data on your new iPhone properly.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.