what you need to know
- Unlink your accounts Instagram Y Facebook It can only be done from the Instagram app.
- go to pprofile > Menu > Settings > Account > Linked accounts > Facebook. Tap Unlink account.
- Limit interaction between Instagram and Facebook by turning off Share Your Story on Facebook and Share Your Posts on Facebook.
When your bills Instagram and Facebook are linked, it’s easy to cross-post, find Facebook friends to connect with on Instagram, post instagram stories like stories From Facebook and much more. If you’re concerned about privacy or want to reduce your social media activity, unlink Instagram from Facebook using the Instagram app.
How to unlink Facebook from Instagram
Facebook and Instagram have been closely integrated ever since Facebook bought the photo-sharing site in 2012. Unlinking Facebook from your Instagram account keeps your social profiles separate. For example, the friends of Facebook won’t appear as follow-up suggestions in your instagram feedand you can’t post to both sites automatically.
Here’s how to disconnect Facebook from your Instagram account:
The process is the same for Instagram on an iOS or Android device. These instructions include iOS screenshots.
- Open the application of Instagram on your smart device iOS or Android and touch the icon of your profile in the lower right corner.
Unlinking your Instagram and Facebook accounts can only be done from the Instagram app for iOS or Android. There is no functionality for this in the Facebook mobile app, Facebook desktop app, or Instagram on desktop.
- Tap the icon Menu (three lines on iOS and three dots on Android) in the upper right corner.
- Press Setting.
- Press Bill.
- Press Linked Accounts.
- Press Facebook.
- Press Unlink Account.
- When the confirmation message appears, tap Yes, unlink.
- Your Facebook account is unlinked from your Instagram account.
If you have a business Instagram page, convert it to a personal page before unlinking from Facebook.
Limit your interaction between Instagram and Facebook
If you want to keep some connection between Instagram and Facebook, there are customization options. For example, you can automatically stop sharing your posts on Facebook, but have Facebook friends appear as fan suggestions. You will also continue to be visible to Facebook friends on Instagram.
- open the instagram app on your iOS or Android smart device and touch the icon of your profile in the lower right corner.
- Touch the icon Menu (three lines) in the upper right corner.
- touch Setting.
- touch Bill.
- touch Linked Accounts.
- touch Facebook.
- deactivate Share your story on Facebook if you don’t want your Instagram story to appear on Facebook.
- deactivate Share your posts on Facebook if you don’t want to share photo and video posts on Facebook automatically.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.