How to Update Snapchat? What you need to know
- iOS devices: Tap App Store > profile icon and tap Update next to Snapchat.
- Android devices: Go to Play Store and select Menu > My apps & games. In the Updates tab, find Snapchat and tap Update.
- Or, rely on the Snapchat app to automatically update for the latest features.
This article explains how to update Snapchat on an iOS or Android device and how to keep up with new features in the app.
How to Update Snapchat: iOS app through the App Store
Snapchat updates are available via the Apple App Store for iPhones and iPads And through the Play Store for Android devices. Here’s how to update the iOS app:
- Open the App Store app on your phone or tablet by tapping the app. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Use the tab updates at the bottom to find the button to refresh Snapchat. If you don’t see an Updates tab, tap the icon on your profile.
- touch TO UPDATE next to Snapchat to update the app.
- The updated tag will turn into an animated progress circle. After a few seconds to a few minutes (depending on your connection), you will be able to open the new version of the app to start using it.
How to Update Snapchat: the Android app through Google Play
The steps to update Snapchat are a bit different on Android but just as easy.
- start the play store app touching her
- Play the menu at the top left of the app.
- Choose my Applications and games on the list.
- in the tab UPDATES at the top, look for Snapchat in the list of updates.
- If a Snapchat update is available, tap UPDATE To obtain the.
That’s all there really is to do: it’s no different than updating any other app that you have installed on your device. Snapchat is always releasing new features related to chat, emojis, filters, lenses, stories, and more that you won’t want to miss.
Get notified of the latest Snapchat updates
Apart from regularly checking the updates on the App Store or in the Play Store, It can be a bit tricky to know exactly when a new version of Snapchat is available. Since there are many blogs covering stories of technology and news, including significant app updates, as soon as they become relevant, paying attention to these stories can help you know when you’re available for a new Snapchat update and what new changes you can expect from it.
Set up a Google alert for Snapchat
One of the best ways to receive historical news about updates from Snapchat almost as soon as they are reported and picked up by Google is to set up an alert with Google alerts. You can use “update Snapchat» as a term for your alert.
To receive a notification As soon as there’s any news about a Snapchat update, click Show Options in your app to bring up a dropdown menu where you can set the How Often option to As Occurs. Create the alert and you will receive an email notification as soon as Google picks up anything related to an update from Snapchat.
Use IFTTT Reminders to Receive Snapchat Updates
If you have a device Android you can even take this one step further by using IFTTT to send you a text message every time you get a new email from Google Alerts.
You can make a recipe that sends you an email if an update is found. Snapchat in the App Store (for iPhone and iPad). This is the best way to check for updates using IFTTT. play store and Google Alerts have not supported triggers, but most likely an update on the App Store means there is also an update on playstore.
In this case, you can set the subject to Snapchat update” or “google alerts«. Although the emails you receive through Google Alerts may be for stories of previous Snapchat updates, or possibly even predictions of future updates to the app, this is still a good way to stay in the know.
Check Your Settings to Activate the new Features
If you see that all your friends send snaps with cool new features that you don’t seem to have and you’ve already updated your app to the latest version, you may want to go to your settings to check if there’s anything you should activate first.
To access your settings, tap your profile icon at the top left of Snapchat. Choose the gear icon in the top right corner and then tap Manage under the label ADDITIONAL SERVICES.
You will be able to configure your settings for filters, trips, friend emojis, and permissions.
Do you want to try new Snapchat features before they are officially released? join Snapchat Beta.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.