How to Use Car View on Spotify? Spotify added a security feature in the android devices so drive with music Diffusion easier for the driver. This function is called Car View, and is only available on Android devices.
Car View detects the Bluetooth of your vehicle and change the playback interface to a simpler interface that is easier to see and use while driving.
The instructions for Spotify are for the Android version only. (Version varies by device.)
How to Use Car View on Spotify? Requirements for Car View
There are some prerequisites to use Car View on Spotify. You need:
- An Android device. You can use a smartphone or tablet as long as it has Android.
- Bluetooth enabled on both your smartphone like in your vehicle. Check your car’s manual to enable or confirm that Bluetooth is on or if you even have Bluetooth. (Most modern cars have this feature, but you can add it to older vehicles.
- Your smartphone or tablet has been connected to the car via Bluetooth. Without this pairing, your car or truck will not be able to stream music through the speakers, but Car View will continue to stream music through your Android device in your vehicle.
- A Spotify account. It doesn’t matter whether you use a free account or a premium account (paid subscription).
- The Spotify app installed on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Once you have confirmed these items, the next step is to set up Car View.
Do not try configure Car View while driving.
How to confirm or activate Car View?
By default, Car View is enabled. However, if you accidentally turned it off or connected your phone via an auxiliary or line-in connection, your car may not know this feature. To confirm or enable this setting, follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify app and tap Your Library on the home screen.
- In the upper right corner, press the cogwheel to open the Settings.
- Scroll down until you reach the Car section.
- Next to Car View, make sure the slider is set to the right. It is green when activated.
About car display interface
Once you start your car, Spotify recognizes your vehicle and switches from its normal interface to the minimal interface. This clean interface has removed album art, giving the driver a distraction-free interface.
The Car View interface makes it easy the display of who is the performer, the song and other operations. If you look at the filter below you will see the comparison of normal view (left side) vs. CarSee (right side). The basic interface has the following options:
- title of the song
- The song progress bar.
- Previous (looks like a rewind button.)
- Next (looks like a fast forward button.)
- Favorite (heart)
- Shuffle songs button.
How to turn off Car View?
Although Car View provides a safer driving experience while listening to your favorite songs, your passenger may want to watch the covers of the albums or use other Spotify features. There are two ways to deactivate the Car View function: one is to deactivate it for the current trip and the other is to completely deactivate the function.
To temporarily disable Car View, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the Car View interface. This will open the option to temporarily disable Car View. Tap Disable Car View to turn it off until your next trip. You can also press Cancel to return to Car View.
To completely disable Car View:
- On the home screen, tap Library.
- In the upper right corner, tap the cogwheel (Settings).
- Scroll down until you reach the Car section. Next to Car View, make sure the slider is on the left. (The option will be grayed out if disabled.)
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.