How to use Pinterest Group Boards? One of the best ways to discover great content on the web is by using Pinterest. In addition to following user profiles and individual boards on the platform, you can follow (and join) Pinterest group boards that have multiple users contributing content to them.
Standard Boards vs. Group Boards on Pinterest
When you create a new board in pinterest, is yours and only yours to pin default. The pins you add to the board can be seen by everyone (unless you make it a secret board), but no one else can add pins to it.
When you invite at least one other user from Pinterest to contribute to a board, and he accepts the invitation, it automatically becomes a group board. Users who have not been guests too can request to join a group board, which the board owner can approve or to reject.
The collaborators of group boards will see their group boards appear on their profile with the rest of the boards. Collaborators will see their group boards appear on their profile with the rest of the boards. They will be able to pin whatever they want on them whenever they want, just like on their own standard boards.
The collaborators, however, they are limited as to what they can edit on the group boards. Although you can drag and drop the group boards to rearrange your profiles, they cannot change the name, the description, the category, cover pin, or visibility of the group boards they they contribute.
Only group board owners can change information and settings. Group board owners also have control over inviting users, accepting or rejecting requests to join and remove group boards.
How to use Pinterest Group Boards?
Unfortunately, Pinterest does not have a section dedicated to the boards group or a filter search for them, which makes it difficult to find them.
Here are some ideas for finding group boards quickly and easily.
- Use PinGroupie: PinGroupie is an unofficial search engine for Pinterest group boards. All you have to do is type a search term in the field at the top and you’ll get a list of group board results—complete with details, stats, and how to join.
- Search for “group boards” on Pinterest: Many Pinterest users post blog posts that collect lists from group boards. All you have to do is search for the term “group boards” in the Pinterest search field and see what comes up.
- Look for group boards on Pinterest user profiles: One of the best and easiest ways to find great group boards is to browse the boards of other Pinterest users. To identify group boards a user contributes to, look for a circular icon with two or more user profile photos right above the board name.
- Search for “Pinterest group boards” on Google: Do a Google search for “pinterest group boards” and you’ll come across a few good blog posts. You can even take advantage of Google’s search result filters by selecting Tools > Anytime > Year passed at the top to filter results that may be out of date.
How to Join a Pinterest Group Board
There is an easy way and a harder way to request to join a Pinterest group board.
The easy way is to look for a button «request to join» at the top right of the group dashboard page.
Most group board owners don’t put this button on the board page to avoid an number overwhelming number of requests (and possible spammers), but if you see it there, select it to automatically request to join the group board.
You will receive a notification only if the owner of the group board approves your request.
If you want to request to join a group board that doesn’t have a request button, you can do the following:
- Read the group board description for instructions on how to submit a request. Many group board owners willing to accept new contributors will tell you to follow the board, contact the owner directly (perhaps via a provided email address), or follow a link to fill out an application form. .
- Contact the owner of the group board via a private Pinterest message. You can identify the owner of the group board by looking at the urls of the group board, which must contain the username of the owner before the name of the group board (http:// pinterest. com/username/group-board-name). Navigate to the group board owner’s profile (by going to http://pinterest.
If you ever decide you want to leave a group board after you’ve been approved as a contributor, navigate to the group board and select the member profile bubbles. will appear a list of members in a dropdown. Locate you Name Y select Quit together with him.
How to Pin on a Pinterest Group Board?
Once approved to be a contributor to a group board, it’s as easy to pin it as pin on any of your boards, and you can do it from pinterest.com and from the Pinterest mobile app.
- If you are on Pinterest. Com, select the red plus sign, and then select Create Pin. If you’re in the Pinterest app, tap the plus sign, then tap Pin.
- Add an image/video, a title, a description and a destination link. In the app, this requires going through two tabs by tapping Next.
- On Pinterest. com, yesClick the down arrow next to publish button to search or scroll through your list of boards to choose a group board. Hover over a group board and select Post next to it.
In the app, scroll through the list of boards to choose a group board. The pin will automatically be set to the board you touch.
All group boards in your list will have a group icon to the right of their name.
How to create a Pinterest group board and invite collaborators
Creating a Pinterest group board is as easy as inviting someone to join.
- If you are on Pinterest. Com, select your name at the top and then select Profile > Dashboards. If you’re in the Pinterest app, tap the plus sign and then tap Board.
- On Pinterest. Com, select the red plus sign inside the empty board left of the rest of your boards.
- On Pinterest. com, type a board name in the provided field, then select Create. It will take you to the dashboard page.
In the app, type a board name in the provided field, then if you already know who you want to invite, tap the add users icon under the section Add collaborators.
- On Pinterest. com, select Copy Link at the top to copy a link and send it off Pinterest, or select Invite in addition to any user(s) who follow and you want to invite your board in the given list.
In the app, tap the name(s) of the user(s) you want to invite, then tap Done.
You can also convert any of your existing boards to group boards by navigating to the board page, then select Invite (at Pinterest.com) or tap the add users icon (in the app).
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.