This article explains How to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch? The instructions in this article apply to WhatsApp for iPhones with iOS 9 And later.
- First of all, turn on iPhone notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp and turn on the toggle switch for Allow notifications.
- Next, mirror the notifications to your Apple Watch. Open the watch app, select Notifications and activate the WhatsApp toggle switch.
- The Chatify app allows you to send and receive WhatsApp messages, view chat images, listen to voice messages, and much more.
How to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch?
WhatsApp does not include an official app for the Apple Watch. So you’re limited to the basics: getting message notifications on your Apple Watch and responding by choosing from a list of quick and easy replies.
Here’s how to get WhatsApp Messenger notifications on your Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone, open Settings.
- Go to Notifications.
- scroll down and select whatsapp.
- Activate the toggle switch Enable notifications.
- Select To show in the center of notifications and show on screen blocking.
If you wish, also activate sounds, Badges and Banners.
Now that these settings are on, configure your Apple Watch to mirror WhatsApp notification alerts:
- In its iPhoneopen the Watch app.
- Go to Notifications.
- scroll to WhatsApp and turn on the notification button.
- You will now receive WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch.
Functionality is limited. You can choose from a list of simple answer options, such as “Hello”, “What’s up”, “Fine” or “On my way”.
Chatify for WhatsApp on Apple Watch
Chatify puts WhatsApp on your wrist. Use it to send and receive messages from WhatsApp, see the images of the chat, listen to voice messages, view emojis and stickers, and see when contacts reply to you.
Chatify for WhatsApp is not an official WhatsApp application created by Facebook. As with all third party applications, please be careful when sharing your information.
Chatify serves as a messaging wrapper for the Apple Watch. Dozens of applications in the apps Store they perform the same function. If you are not satisfied with Chatify, or user reviews scare you, choose an alternative app. They all use the same set of api to work behind the scenes on your device iOS. WatchChat is a $2.99 app with great reviews. WatchUp supports voice messages, images and emoji. Look in the app store to find the one that best suits you.
To set up Chatify on your Apple Watch, make sure your Apple Watch is properly paired with your iPhone and updated to the latest version. Sign in to WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Download Chatify for WhatsApp from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open Chatify on your Apple Watch. You will be presented with a QR code to scan with WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and select Settings> WhatsApp Web/Desktop> Scan QR code.
- Using your iPhone’s camera, scan the QR code that appears on your Apple Watch.
- WhatsApp messages now appear on your Apple Watch. You can also reply directly from your wrist.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.