Some streaming services let you watch live TV on any compatible device, whether it’s a computer, phone, or TV. All you need is a high-speed internet connection. Two popular services that offer both live TV and streaming is Hulu with Live TV and Sling TV.
Hulu with Live TV vs TV Slingshot
Here, we compare prices, channel availability, streaming quality, and other features to help you decide which one is worth your money.
Hulu with Live TV
- 55€/month: Live and on-demand TV from over 60 channels, plus access to all Hulu content at no additional cost.
- Includes major TV networks (ABC, CBS NBC, Fox). Does not include PBS.
- The Hulu Library it is supported by advertising. Upgrade to get Hulu ad-free.
- 50 hours of DVR storage in the cloud with the basic subscription $9.99 extra per month for 200 hours of cloud DVR storage.
- Watch on two devices simultaneously and create up to six profiles to customize your libraries and recommendations.
- 25€/month: Live and on-demand TV from 30 to 45 channels, depending on the Blue or Orange subscription.
- 40€/month: Comprehensive library of over 50 channels.
- FOX and NBC available only in certain markets. Does not include ABC, CBS or PBS.
- More packages customizable channels.
- 50 hours of DVR service in the cloud for €5/month.
- Does not include streaming channels like Hulu or Netflix as part of the subscription.
Although they offer the same basic service, Hulu with Live TV and Sling TV will appeal to different people depending on channel availability, price, and other features.
Here are some of the most important features of Hulu along with Live TV and Sling TV:
|Hulu with Live TV||Orange TV Strap||TV Sling Blue|
|Availability of major TV networks||most markets||Do not||Limited markets (NBC and Fox only)|
|Simultaneous streams||of them||a||of them|
|Pay for additional streams?||Yes||Do not||Do not|
|DVR Add Skip||Add||Yes||Yes|
|Number of channels||60+||30+||45+|
Hulu and Sling are on par when it comes to streaming quality. Regarding availability, Sling TV is available for AndroidTV; the Hulu app for Android TVsIt only offers on-demand content.
Hulu with the pros and cons of live TV
- It includes the Hulu streaming service as well as live TV.
- Large TV Library: More than 60 channels, including TV channels.
- Ad-supported except upgrade.
- A size: You cannot create a custom channel or media library.
Hulu with Live TV includes both the Hulu streaming service and live TV. It’s a subscription service that includes everything you get from Hulu, plus live TV. Subscribers have access to live content from over 60 channels, including all major TV networks (except PBS).
The included Hulu package is ad-supported, which means you’ll see ads when you stream content from the Hulu library. However, you can switch to Hulu ad-free.
Hulu with Live TV is available on the main Hulu website, so you can use it to watch live TV on your computer or mobile device. It also has apps for most mobile devices, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, and game consoles.
Advantages and disadvantages of Sling TV
- Very affordable.
- Channel packages can be personalized.
- Different subscriptions and service levels to suit the entertainment regimen.
- Relatively narrow channel range.
- There is no support for broadcast networks.
- There isn’t much sports content besides ESPN and league-specific channels.
Sling TV has a sparse lineup of channels, but it costs less than competing services. Contrary to Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV orOffers multiple subscription options, including add-ons for specific channels. For example, you can select the Blue package at $25 per month, which includes USA, TNT, AMC and NFL Network and get a $5/month Kids Extra that includes Nick Jr,
Sling TV works more or less like Hulu. You can watch live TV on your computer or laptop, or download an app that you use to watch content on your phone, tablet, streaming or video game console.
Should you subscribe to Hulu with Live TV or Sling TV?
In between, Hulu has a larger network. A subscription includes a larger library of channels, all major broadcast networks (except PBS), and a basic subscription to Hulu. But it costs almost twice as much as Sling TV.
Sling TV is less expensive and allows for tighter channel customization and add-ons like DVR cloud storage and content skipping. However, the channel library is smaller and does not include major TV networks (NBC and Fox are only available in certain markets). If you want to watch one or two specific channels and those channels are included in Sling, buy Sling TV.
Hulu’s single plan is suitable for families as it offers two simultaneous streams by default. Plus, it lets you increase the number of transmissions, so kids don’t have to fight over which program to watch; can see it on different devices.
Hulu’s profile system also makes it a good option for families. Instead of sharing a profile, up to six people in your household can set their preferences, playlists, and age restrictions.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.