iPhone Battery Life: The iPhone has never been the industry leader. Resolution and number of cameras, display characteristics, amount of RAM, and battery capacity – there will always be Android devices, which will outperform Apple smartphones in all or at least some of these indicators.
Despite this, most often iPhones manage the available resource more rationally, which is why the quality of shooting, speed, and even autonomy are superior to those of competitors. The working time without recharging is particularly surprising.
Apple has always made iPhones pretty skinny by industry standards. Accumulators. It was only in recent generations that Cupertino undertook the development of this component, realizing that without increasing the battery capacity, it would start to lose out seriously against competing devices. But given that Apple has never been particularly forthcoming about the actual characteristics of the batteries they put in the iPhone, many still have no idea what the battery capacities of different models are.
iPhone Battery Life
For your convenience, we have placed different iPhone models in descending order of their battery capacity:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 4352mAh
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – 3969mAh
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – 3687mAh
- iPhone 13 – 3227mAh
- iPhone XS Max – 3174mAh
- iPhone 11 – 3110mAh
- iPhone 13 Pro – 3095mAh
- iPhone 11 Pro – 3046mAh
- iPhone XR – 2942mAh
- iPhone 7 Plus – 2900mAh
- iPhone 12 Pro – 2815mAh
- iPhone 12 – 2815mAh
- iPhone X – 2716mAh
- iPhone 8 Plus – 2691mAh
- iPhone XS – 2658mAh
- iPhone 13 mini – 2406 mAh
- iPhone 12 mini – 2227 mAh
- iPhone SE 2022 – 2018mAh
- iPhone 7 – 1960mAh
- iPhone 8 – 1821mAh
- iPhone SE 2020 – 1821mAh
As you can see battery capacity of different iPhones is completely independent of generation. In other words, if the model is newer, it does not at all guarantee that its battery will be larger.
More often than not, it happens exactly the opposite, because Apple supplements them with more energy-efficient hardware, and therefore allows itself to make the battery smaller per year than other components or reduce the total weight of the device.
iPhone Battery Life Comparison
However, this is not a rule that Apple always adheres to. Because in the latest generation of smartphones, the company has grown significantly their battery capacity. As a result, it gave a good increase in range. At least compared to other iPhones:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – 9 hours 52 minutes
- iPhone 11 Pro Max – 8 hours 29 minutes
- iPhone 13 Pro – 8 hours 17 minutes
- iPhone 13 – 7 hours 45 mins
- iPhone 11 Pro – 7 hours 36 minutes
- iPhone 12 – 6 hours 41 minutes
- iPhone 12 Pro – 6 hours 35 minutes
- iPhone 13 mini – 6 hours 26 minutes
- iPhone 11 – 4 hours 20 minutes
- iPhone XR – 4 hours 34 minutes
- iPhone SE 3 – 3 hours 59 minutes
Data for iPhone Battery Life, which you see in front of you, is provided by the author of the tube channel MrWhosTheBoss. He tested smartphones in a mixed cycle, running games, and apps, transferring data over the internet (at the highest possible speed), etc. All this was done until full discharge, and as a result, the blogger received the above figures.
As you can see, the size of their battery plays a decisive role in the battery life that different iPhone models exhibit. Only in some cases, their energy efficiency is not enough to justify the large battery capacity. For example, the iPhone XR, which has a fairly large battery, only lives a little longer than the iPhone SE 2022, which with a small battery “pulls” quite well thanks to the energy-efficient A15 Bionic processor. energy.
How long does an iPhone hold a charge?
However, the battery discharge rate depends not only on its size but also on the tasks that users assign to their smartphones. If it is a mixed-duty cycle with different load types, the battery will discharge according to its capacity.
But, if we take only video playback or just listen to music, the numbers will be somewhat different. The new models will win right here with smaller batteries.
See for yourself:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: video – 28 hours, audio – 95 hours
- iPhone 13 Pro: video – 22 hours, audio – 75 hours
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: video – 20 hours, audio – 80 hours
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: video – 20 hours, audio – 80 hours
- iPhone 13: video – 19 hours, audio – 75 hours
- iPhone 11 Pro: video – 18 hours, audio – 65 hours
- iPhone 12 Pro: video – 17 hours, audio – 65 hours
- iPhone 12: video – 17 hours, audio – 65 hours
- iPhone 11: video – 17 hours, audio – 65 hours
- iPhone XR: video – 16 hours, audio – 65 hours
- iPhone XS Max: video – 15 hours, audio – 65 hours
- iPhone XS: video: 14 hours, audio – 60 hours
- iPhone 13 mini: video – 17 hours, audio – 55 hours
- iPhone 12 mini: video – 15 hours, audio – 50 hours
In most cases, as far as we can tell, it’s not so much battery capacity that wins, but power efficiency. It merits Apple processors, which evolve from year to year and begin to consume fewer and fewer resources.
However, it is impossible not to notice that this trick almost does not work with smartphones with a small battery. In any case, the iPhone 12 and 13 mini, even with modern chips, do not show the same energy efficiency as older models.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.