Make Quick Calls from iPhone: No matter what people say, the phone function of a smartphone will be relevant for a long time. Yes, many say that they have long since given up calls and switched to instant messengers, but, believe me, they don’t understand anything.
When you ask these users, “What’s wrong with the Phone app?”, you often hear stories about making calls difficult and slow. Until you close Telegram, you go to contacts, then find the number in the phone book.
I think these guys just aren’t aware of the full capabilities of their devices. Today I offer you to analyze 5 features of the Phone application, thanks to which you can call your relatives, friends and colleagues several times faster.
We find out how to use the Make Quick Calls from iPhone
How to Add a Phone to Favorites on iPhone?
Favorites are the main assistant for any iPhone user. By adding multiple contacts here once, in the future, you can call relatives, classmates, colleagues and everyone ten times faster. For some unknown reason, a lot of people completely ignore this feature, but personally, I respect it a lot.
To add a contact to Favorites on iPhoneYou will need:
- Open the Phone app on your smartphone.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Favorites section.
- Click the More button in the upper left corner.
- Find the person you want to add to Favorites
- After that, a special menu will open where you can select the communication method you need.
If social networks or instant messengers are attached to a contact in the phone book, the iPhone will immediately offer to add them to favorites. For example, you can make it so that when you call a subscriber from the Favorites menu, your smartphone immediately dials the interlocutor in Telegram or WhatsApp. For this, the guys from Cupertino have a separate respect.
You can also add a contact to Favorites on your iPhone using the separate Contacts tab in the Phone app. The algorithm is extremely simple: go to contacts find the desired subscriber and press the button Add to favorites.
What is Siri for on iPhone?
Let’s be honest, Siri is far from the smartest voice assistant. Yes, in the USA it can and can do something really useful. I have already shared my experience with Siri on iPhone and mentioned the story of how it actually saved my life by syncing with the Phone app. I repeat a little.
Everyone probably knows that Siri can call. You can always call the voice assistant and ask it to call any subscriber. It is convenient that the chip works both with contacts from the phone book and with direct dialing. But that’s only part of its capabilities.
Much cooler configures Siri so you can make a call without touching the iPhone screen. This is done using the “Hey Siri” feature, but you must first enable it in your iPhone settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Siri & Search section.
- Turn on the toggle switch next to Listen to “Hey Siri”.
After that, Siri will always listen for a special command, with which you can call literally any subscriber in a jiffy. The situations are different. Sometimes you just can’t reach the phone, sometimes your hands are dirty. Again, link contacts to instant messengers! Then you can say Hey Siri, call Ivan via Telegram, and it’ll all kick-off. Well, isn’t that joy?
How to Add Contacts Widget to iPhone?
Widgets on iPhone appeared in 2020, but have yet to penetrate the masses. For some absolutely obscure reason, users of Apple technology simply ignore them, which in my opinion is in vain! Today I suggest you take care of the Phone application widget, which will allow you to call even faster.
There are two tiles on iPhone that work with the Phone app – Siri Suggestions and Contacts. The first will analyze your calls and suggest that you call a specific subscriber. But, everyone understands that in addition to calls, Siri will offer many other different things: write to Vanya, order a taxi, etc. Siri suggestions are excellent incriminating evidence about the owner of the iPhone, so I don’t recommend using them.
Much better to add a Contacts widget to the iPhone home screen:
- Unlock your iPhone, and swipe the app menu all the way to the left.
- Next, scroll through all the widgets and click on the Edit button at the bottom.
- Then in the top corner, click the More button, and scroll down to Contacts.
- Select the desired widget size, click Add widget and drag it to the home screen.
Remember that the Contacts widget is highly customizable. You can not only choose its size but also specify which contacts will be displayed in the widget. For that:
- Press and hold a widget on the home screen.
- Click the Edit Widget button.
- Select the contacts you need and specify the order of their location in the widget.
Among the significant shortcomings of the native widget, I can note the limitation of 6 contacts in one tile. I’m sure many may need to add more numbers to their home screen. In such a case, your best bet is to download a third-party app. For example, Favorites Widget Pro.
Yes, it is in English, but it allows you to add 20 contacts at a time on the iPhone home screen. To understand it, nothing could be simpler: access the application, press the plus button in the upper corner and add all the contacts you need. You can add a widget to the home screen by following the instructions above. Also, in the program, you can change the background and the font inside the tiles. I don’t know who might need it, but still.
Download Favorites Widget Pro
How to make a call from Apple Watch?
Yes, the versions with eSIM are sold in the United States, but this functionality is not available in our country. But, if there is an iPhone next to your watch, calling from Apple Watch yet it is possible. This is done in two ways: either through the Phone app on the watch or through the watch face. Since our task is to call quickly, we will use the second.
- Install a watch face on your Apple Watch that supports extensions (I have Meridian).
- Press and hold your finger on the watch face, and tap the Edit button.
- Then use swipe to scroll down to the Extensions item.
- Tap any icon, and select the Phone extension (Make a call).
- Click on the digital crown.
Now, by clicking the phone icon on your watch, you can quickly select the contact you need and call them from your Apple Watch. Please note that the call will be made either through your headphones (if they are connected to the watch) or through the loudspeaker.
How to Add a Number to an Emergency Call on iPhone?
Alas, most of the time fast call from iPhone we need it in emergencies. Apple anticipated this and added a special medical card section to its smartphones, where you can add a loved one’s phone number in case of an emergency.
To add a number to the medical card on your iPhone you will need:
- Open the Health app on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Go to the Medical card section, and click on the Edit button at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Emergency Contacts section.
- Click the Add Contact button, and select a contact from the phone book.
- Specify the degree of relationship with this person, and click Done.
To quickly access a contact that was in the medical file, you must:
- Press and hold the power button and volume up button on iPhone 8 and later, or press the power button 5 times on iPhone 7 and earlier.
- Drag the Medical Card slider, and click the phone number listed in the Emergency Contacts section.
If suddenly you have difficulty with any of the settings, be sure to unsubscribe in the comments under the post or in our Telegram chat. With a team of readers, we will certainly help you.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.