Elon Musk is again the protagonist of a post on his Twitter profile where he seems challenge freedom of expression on the platform, which Donald Trump already did at the time. The tycoon, who already appears to have turned the page on the fight against Vladimir Putin to end the invasion of Ukraine, conducted a survey asking his followers if they believe the social network now run by Parag Agrawal “ strictly adheres to this beginning”.
“Freedom of expression is essential to the functioning of a democracy. Do you think Twitter strictly adheres to this principle?“, mentioned the billionaire accompanied by the question of a survey. Elon Musk continued to alert his followers that “the consequences of this poll will be significant” and therefore to vote cautiously.
The initial tweet has over 655,000 votes as of this writing. The majority of voters, 66.6%, think that Twitter does not respect the fundamental principles of freedom of expression. The remaining 33.4%, on the other hand, believe that Twitter is a place where they can freely share their opinions.
Does Elon Musk plan to create a social network?
The investigation conducted by Elon Musk has raised doubts among some Internet users, who wonder if the person in charge plans to create a social network as an alternative to Twitter. Musk didn’t mention anything about it. However, a few hours before carrying out the investigation on the freedom of expression, he also shared one on an important point related to social networks.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.