Renting Movies from YouTube: what you need to know
- In the YouTube menu, click Movies and shows and browse the available titles.
- Select the one that interests
- Click the Buy or Rent button and follow the prompts for payment.
This article describes how to rent and purchase movies through the web version of YouTube’s movie rental service and how to get a refund.
Renting Movies from YouTube
To rent or buy a movie on Youtube Using a web browser, follow these steps:
- Open YouTube and click Movies & Shows in the YouTube navigation bar. You can also type “YouTube Movies” in the search if you have YouTube on smart tv, a media streamer, or a game console.
- Choose the new releases, and the genres of the movies or search among the free movies.
- Once you find a movie for rent or buy click on the Title or on the cover.
- The trailer will start playing immediately. Below is all the information you need to know about the movie, including related videos and sometimes user comments.
- Click on BUY or RENT to rent or buy the movie (or TV show). Some movies offer both rental and purchase options, and others only offer purchase.
- To continue, if you have not already done so, you must create or log in to your account. YouTube or Google Gmail.
- You may also need to enter a credit card and billing information if this is your first purchase on Google.
- Choose HD or SD. (Sometimes 4K is an option.)You can also enter a coupon code to get a discount on your rent.
- Once you complete the steps above, you can watch the video right away or wait up to 30 days to start playback.
Remember that in the case of rentals, you have to watch the movie within 24 or 48 hours from the moment you first press the button Play. However, you can watch the movie as many times as you like within the designated rental period. However, you can watch the movie as many times as you like within the designated rental period.
Get refunds if there is a Problem
For this review, two paid rental movies and one free movie were viewed.
The first film tested was The Green Hornet, which we saw in the browser Google TV Chrome Web (predecessor of AndroidTV). Twenty minutes into the movie, he skipped to the end of the movie and stopped.
To fix the issue, we placed the movie slider right after the point where it would jump. It replayed for 10 minutes and skipped back to the end. The same thing happened on a PC. We request a refund. The process was easy and efficient.
The remaining two films’ views:xa0 The Dilemma Y Super Size Me They reproduced without further problems.
To get a refund on a movie purchase from Youtube, visit your Purchases page and select Request Refund next to the title.
Once you have indicated the problem you had, click on the option that you want a refund. In some cases, the money is quickly refunded. However, YouTube may want to run more checks in order to fix the problem before authorizing the refund. For more help, visit the YouTube Movies support page.
Description of the YouTube Movie Rental Service
- Online movie/TV rental and purchase options.
- Available on many devices.
- Provides access to additional movie features.
- Possibility of refund if you have any problem.
- There is not as much offer of titles as some competitors.
- HDR is not indicated on 4K movie rentals/purchases.
- Rental and purchase instructions for some devices are not clear.
- It is not well promoted.
Movie rental and purchase rates on YouTube range from $2.99 to $19.99. Rental rates are for a period of 24 or 48 hours once the play button is pressed; depending on the film, you can have up to 30 days to start the process of reproduction.
YouTube’s movie rental service should not be confused with YouTubeTV, which is a streaming service. streaming that provides access to a package of various TV channels and movies for a fixed monthly fee.
Features of YouTube movie rental service
Similar to other video-on-demand services, the pay-per-view movie rental service de YouTube includes titles like The Big Ugly, What We Found, The Secret Garden, The Silence, The Killer Next Door, Black Water Abyss, Homefront, The King of Staten Island, john wick 3, and others. Many titles are available in both standard definition and high definition, and a limited number in 4K (depending on whether your devices and internet speed support the desired option.) YouTube suggests an internet speed of at least 20 Mbps for streaming in 4K).
In addition to the featured titles that appear on the YouTube Movies page, you can also search if a specific movie or TV show title is on the service, browse through the list of titles from A to Z, or through thematic categories, including:
- best selling movies
- animation movies,
- Science fiction
- and more.
There is also a list of related videos that you can access from the movie page – you don’t need to rent the movie to access the list.
More Features of YouTube Movie Rental Service
The experience of watching YouTube movies on a TV is good.
- Picture quality is clear and bright on the big screen, and there are typically no visible artifacts.
- YouTube offers a complete cinematic experience – similar to that found on a DVD or Blu-ray Disc – including additional extras.
- Some of these extras on the movie page include behind-the-scenes videos, cast interviews, as well as unique skits, clips, and other uploads from YouTubers.
YouTube movie rental and purchase instructions are also available for:
- Most PC web browsers
- YouTube movie apps are available on iOS devices (10.0 or later) and Android smartphones
- Select smart TVs (primarily 2013 or newer that run the Android TV operating system, as well as LG, Vizio, Panasonic, and LG)
- Chromecast and game consoles
- Roku TVs and media streamers.
Final Thoughts on YouTube Movie Rental Service
In general, the YouTube movie rental service is easy to use, especially if you are used to watching videos on YouTube. Although the image quality is satisfactory, other services that offer HD videos -Vudu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix- outperform YouTube and offer most of the same movies. They also offer more selections in 4K if your TV has that capability and your internet speed is fast enough.
For those who have access to it, YouTube’s movie rental service can be an alternative to Netflix, Vudu, Amazon Video, etc.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.