Sometimes you don’t remember your password of email and can’t reply security issues to recover your account. If this happens, don’t worry, this is one of the most common problems and there are a way to recover your email accounts from Hotmail, Outlook, Live and any other Microsoft account . In this article, we’ll show you how.
1. Change the password of a Hotmail account when you log in
Wondering why it takes so many steps to change a password once in a while? Well, even if you did it from a recognized device, Hotmail takes it seriously. They should consider the possibility that malware, hackers, keyloggers, or people using social engineering will change the password, thereby locking you out in the blink of an eye. Is that how it works.
- Check that you are signed in to the correct Hotmail account if you have more than one.
- click to visit Microsoft Security.
If you don’t trust the links, click your profile icon in the upper right corner. Then click My Microsoft account Then in Security .
- Find and click on the link Change Password in the upper left corner.
- You will now be directed to the page Verify Your Identity .
- The next step depends on how you set up the account. We recommend that you choose to receive an SMS on the phone number linked to your account. You can also choose to use another email address.
- If you decide to do the first, click Text (phone number) then in Following.
- For security reasons, you will be asked to enter the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- Enter the 7-digit authentication code you receive as an SMS into the empty text field.
- Each time you change your login credentials, Microsoft generates a new 25-character code, divided into 5 parts of 5 characters.
You can use the code to log in even if you lose access to your phone number or password. Write it down on a piece of paper or, better yet, print it out. Do not paste it into a text document as it can be easily compromised.
- Microsoft will ask you to download an application for your smartphone that can register your fingerprint.
It is a great alternative for Hotmail account recovery when you lose your password or phone number.
- Click on now get Where No thanks .
- If you clicked on the last option, you will be redirected to the screen change your password .
- Enter your current Hotmail password once, then the new one twice.
advice : For maximum security, use a password generator and generate a complex one.
- Optional . To improve your security habits, check the box in front of make me change my password every 72 days .
- Click on the button to safeguard .
2. Recover Hotmail Account without Password
- Open the home page of microsoft session in your browser.
- Enter the email address or phone number.
If you linked your Hotmail account to a Skype account, you can use your Skype username.
- Click on the button following .
- You are redirected to the page Enter Password .
- Click on Forgot your password? options below.
- You are asked to verify your identity.
- Enter your phone number or another email address if you added it to the account.
In the past, it was possible to answer security questions. This was removed as it was deemed too easy to guess or steal.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone number / email address in the text field.
- You can now reset your Hotmail account password in the same way as above.
3. I forgot my Hotmail username
This is a great way to find the username (the part before @hotmail.com) if you have access to the phone number.
- Visit the home page of microsoft session again.
- This time, click on the link options beginning of session .
- Click on I forgot my username .
- Enter your phone number.
- Click on following .
- Enter the 4-digit code you received on the phone number.
- Click on following .
- You will now see your username.
- Clarification . You may have entered the correct username instead of the old phone number. In this case, Microsoft will list all additional usernames linked to the primary account.
4. Recover Deleted Hotmail Account
If you want to recover an old Hotmail account that has been deleted, the process is very simple. When you delete a Hotmail account, your account data will be deleted almost instantly. This means that you will not be able to recover them (most likely). But the email account will be kept for about 30 days from the day of deletion. Therefore, you can easily get it back within that time. But not the data. You can try contacting their support using a secure query to find out if there is a way to recover your data as well.
To recover deleted Hotmail emails, the best thing you can try is try saving it again . If it works, you’re good to go. If there is any type of blockage in the email, you can try contacting their support using the link we provided above.
5. Restore Locked Hotmail Account
In rare cases, your Hotmail account may be locked. The reasons for canceling your Hotmail account can be many, including violating its terms and conditions by sending too much spam. Whatever the reason, you can follow these steps to restore a locked account.
- Go to password reset form.
- Enter the email address of your Hotmail account.
- Type the capcha.
- Click on the button following .
- Enter code you received in your authenticator or any other form of method you choose.
- After verifying the code successfully, you will be able to reset your password and thus unlocking the Hotmail account.
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.