Do you know how to activate the ‘dark mode’ on WhatsApp Web? Know 5 different tricks that you can do from your computer.
WhatsApp Web is very useful; that is why in this article, we show you some of the tricks that you can perform from the platform to take full advantage of it.
For several years now, the messaging network has allowed its users to communicate through the computer, regardless of the operating system.
Today WhatsApp Web is one of the desktop versions of many favourite messaging apps, since thanks to the platform, you can communicate without being connected to your phone all the time. So, regardless of whether this is the first time you will try WhatsApp or if you are already an expert,
In the following guide, you will learn five tricks, from the most basic to the most advanced of WhatsApp Web.
How to configure it? The first thing you have to do is link the WhatsApp account of your phone with WhatsApp Web:
- From your computer, enter the browser of your preference https: web.whatsapp.com/
- You will see a QR code. Open WhatsApp on your phone and scan it with your cell phone. Instructions on how to do this appear on the screen and a video at the bottom.
- After scanning the code, your WhatsApp messages will automatically appear on your computer.
- ‘Dark mode’ on WhatsApp Web
Activate it as follows:
- Press the tab or the three horizontally-aligned dots in the upper left.
- In the menu that appears, select ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Theme’ and select the ‘Dark’ box in the new interface.
How to store WhatsApp files or tasks in Google Drive ‘?
You can choose to have the copies made daily, weekly or monthly basis. Finally, select the Google account that you are going to use to make the backup:
- Activate your Google account on your mobile.
- Install Google Play Service on your phone, just like Google Drive.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Select the points on the right that take you to the ‘Settings’ part.
- Enter the ‘Chats’ section.
- Click on ‘Backup’.
- Select ‘Save’ to Google Drive.
You can choose to have the copies made daily, weekly or monthly basis. Finally, select the Google account that you will use to make the backup.
Here are the most useful shortcuts for Windows:
- Ctrl + N: for a new chat
- Ctrl + Shift + N: for a new group
- Ctrl + E: to archive the chat
- Ctrl + Shift + M: mute chat
- Ctrl + Backspace or Backspace: to delete the conversation
- Ctrl + Shift + U: mark conversation as unread
- Ctrl + P: to open profile
- Ctrl + F: search for information
Mark messages as ‘unread.’
The steps to read a message and not appear as ‘seen’ to the receiver are:
- Exit the chat you want to go unnoticed for.
- When a message arrives, hover over the conversation.
- Without clicking on the chat, let the content unfold. That’s it!
I am Bhumi Shah, a highly skilled digital marketer with over 11 years of experience in digital marketing and content writing in the tech industry.